Lost

I could hear the ringing of metal. The sound of the air breaking as it flew across the air toward me. I could the sound of it making a purchase. But not in me.

A second flew by in a flash and the next thing I knew, I was staring at the backside of my wife. Her smooth medium brown hair was tied in a braid that went down to her mid-back, and the beige cropped jacket she wore with the fluffed trim and the coffee-colored pants with light bronze boots with fluffed cuffs. The sky-blue bandana with white dots was tied around her wrist.

I stared down at the metal tip of a sword sticking through her abdomen. Her arms were slightly outstretched as if she was protecting me from the sword.

What stood out to me the most was that her body looked solid and human. As if that wasn't obvious by the sword sticking out of her.

I could hear her gasping for air. I could see her body slowly leaning back toward me. My body finally decided to react. I rushed forward and caught her. I yelled out her name as her back fell onto my chest and her head fell back onto my shoulder. Our bodies slumped to the ground and I held her in my lap.

I whispered her name, trying to get her attention. "Axlici...Anastasia."

Her half-lidded amber eyes glanced up at me. I could see the pain in her eyes even if she wasn't screaming in pain, I could still tell it hurt.

We both glanced down at her stomach. I stared at the blood as it extended from the stab wound and covered almost her whole stomach. I could hear her gasping even more followed by some coughing.

I looked up at Michael as he stood in front of the crushed bar counter to look for any sign of remorse or guilt but saw none.

Heartless son of a-

"I'll make you pay for this, I swear-" I growled to him, my voice breaking mid-sentence. "I will make all of you pay!" I shouted to all of them in the room. I let out a small chuckle.

"Au revoir, Michael."

I imagined both Axlici and me fading from the room. A moment later, Axlici and I were sitting inside my office. I scooped her up bridal-style and carried her further into the room which was hard to do since I was panicking.

My wife had been stabbed and was currently bleeding out in my arms. I tripped over my feet and fell over but thankfully, I had only fallen onto my knees I had got a groan in pain from her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry."

"Eden, mi amor, it is okay-"

"No! It's not okay! I'm the reason you're hurt. I'm the reason this is happening. God, I'm so stupid. I should've never let you stay in the Garden of Genesis. The moment you came here, I should've made you leave, you would've been safer."

She looked at me surprised but then laughed. "Eden, my love," She caressed my cheek. "Even if you had told me to leave–Hell, even if you had physically kicked me off the island, I still would've made my way back to you. Because I love you."

I stared at her up and down in disbelief. "How- how did you-...how are you in a physical form?"

She took a small breath before answering. "I took a lot of energy out of Alyssa before we separated. A lot."

I glanced down at her again. "I had to do it to make sure I could save you."

"But- but why?" I asked, looking at her. She raised an eyebrow at me and smirked.

"Is that not obvious already?"

I chuckled in response. I looked away and closed my eyes. I didn't want to see any more than I did. I wanted this image to be burned out of my mind instead of into it.