What is Shopping?...

Maddie POV:

I flipped through yet another page in the book I was reading. But the thing is, I can't read.

Dragons were never taught how to read. I mean, why would we? We have no reason to. The only reason I was reading, or trying to read, was because I heard that reading calms the mind and soul.

And especially after the fight I had with Mario last night, I really needed it. But this book wasn't making me calm at all. If anything, I was only getting more frustrated.

I groaned in frustration and threw the book at the wall.

I officially hate books now.

I heard the doorbell ring which made my head perk up. I heard a couple more knocks at the door. I got out of my seat and headed toward the door. "...coming...." I said hesitantly.

I went over to the door and twisted the knob. I pulled the door open and saw Blake and Kit standing there. 

"Um...hi?"

"Hello," One of them said. The other one continued, " You're Maddie, right?" She asks.

"Yeah, I am," I responded.

"Cool. Do you remember us? We're from Divinus Magia."

"I think so," I point to the one with indigo hair, " You're Blake." I pointed over to the blonde one, "And you're...Kat?" I asked.

"No, but close. I'm actually Kit."

"Oh. Well, why are you here?" I asked.

"We noticed that you kinda disappeared after dinner last night and we wanted to check on you," Blake explained. I looked at them both suspiciously. "Your guild loves to ask questions, don't they?" I said, looking back and forth between them.

"Yeah, kinda." Kit said, shrugging. I raised my eyebrow.

"So, can we come inside? Just to talk." Blake asked. I looked at them both before stepping aside.

"Come on in." They both looked at each other before walking in. As they stepped in, I closed the door behind them. "Wow, nice place," Blake said, looking around.

"Thanks, I didn't really choose it."

"Well, it still looks nice." Kit said.

"Yeah, I guess," I said as I sat on top of the counter.

"Is this your room?" Blake asked.

"Yeah."

"Can we go in?" Kit asked.

"Sure, go in. I don't care." I jumped off the counter and walked over to my door and opened it. They both stepped inside and I entered last. They both looked around my room. "Hey, how come you don't have any clothes?" I turned to see Blake standing in front of my open empty closet.

"Well, I don't have many clothes. These are the only ones I have." I gestured to the clothes I'm wearing.

"Wait, really? You don't have anything else?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Nu-uh, unacceptable. We are getting you new clothes." Blake exclaimed.

"We are?"

"You are?" I and Kit asked in sync.

"Of course. We want to make sure she's comfortable while she's here."

"Which hopefully isn't very long..." I muttered.

"So we're gonna take you shopping for clothes."

"What is...shopping?"