The Mission 2/?

This is it! The chapter you've all been waiting for! I finally had the creative burst to finish this. I'm so sorry for taking so long to finish this but creativity left me hanging dry for a bit and my regular life started stressing me out. But hopefully, this makes up for it. Enjoy!

____________________________

3rd POV:

"David!"

The griffin's beak got closer and closer to the side of David's face. David tried to pull his head back more to get some space between them but his head was already touching the ground. David closed his eyes, accepting fate.

As he felt the tip of the beak touch his cheek, suddenly he felt the claws dug into his chest gone. His eyes quickly opened and he looked in front of him, the griffin wasn't there. He suddenly heard a loud screech. He sat up and quickly looked to his right. He saw Maddie...wrestling the griffin. He looked at her with crazed eyes. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

She had one arm around its neck and her other arm through the leg and almost connected with her other arm. They both struggled before the griffin threw Maddie off of its back and sent her flying. "Maddie!" David yelled as she went flying towards him. The griffin pounced at David. David grabbed Maddie's wrist as she went flying above him and swung her around. Her foot impacted the griffin's face and sent him flying into one of the empty villager houses, creating a puff of smoke. Maddie landed on the ground and they both looked at each other.

The griffin emerged from the house and screeched in anger. Maddie patted her pockets for her knife, she didn't feel it. She looked around for her knife and saw it lying still in the hay. She disregarded the knife and focused back on the fight. The griffin stalked out of the smoke. Maddie dashed forward and created little stone pillars from the ground and jumped off of them as she ran. She jumped off of the last one and leaped towards the griffin. The griffin its paw at her, she ducked around it and jumped on top of its back.

The griffin jumped a little and shook its back, trying to fling her off of him. Maddie was almost trying to grab onto bunches of its back fur but the griffin shook a little too hard and sent her flying into the rubble of the broken home. She took a moment to shake the pain away. She swatted the dust and pushed some of the wood off of her. She looked up and saw an opening on the roof. She limped out of the pile of rubble she landed in. She rolled her ankle around to make sure it wasn't broken again. It wasn't.

After she checked if her ankle was broken, she squatted down and leaped towards the hole, and grabbed the edge. She pulled herself up and climbed onto the roof. She got on top of the roof and walked to the front of the roof. She saw David and the griffin fighting one v. one. She quickly thought of a spell to use and started to prepare it.

While Maddie was preparing her spell, David and the griffin currently stood a few feet apart from each other just glaring at one another, waiting for the other to make a move. David was about to make a move, throwing ice spikes at it when he stopped himself. He noticed the eyes of the beast standing before him, he noted that the eyes were a usual golden color he had seen in the storybooks he had read as a child but instead were a red-violet color.

Suddenly, a tall magenta flower popped out of the ground. Its petals opened and a mist sprayed out, hitting the griffin's face. The griffin roared in pain as it was now temporarily blinded. David looked up at the roof where Maddie was standing. He saw her with her hands held out and golden veins covering her hands and traveling up her arms. Green ruins covered the palm of her hands and her eyes glowed a bright shamrock green. His head snapped back as he heard another roar. "David." He heard someone say as he felt a hand go onto his arm. He looked back to see Maddie next to him looking normal. "Are you alright?" She asked. David only nodded, still a little shocked by the events.