Family Reunion 1/2

Alyssa POV:

I yawn and open my eyes. I rub my eyes, trying to wake myself up. "Oh god.."

I slightly jump at the echoing of my voice. I haven't heard it in so long. I sit up and look around at the black and empty void. Some humans would describe it being cold and dead but humans have never been here so what do they know? I get the pleasure of waking up every morning and smelling whatever scent I want. Too bad they can't have that.

I stretch my arms over my head. I hear something pop which is surprising since I don't have any bones. I put my hands on my lap. I look at my arms and see that they're black. I must've slept in my void form. Oh well.

I snap my fingers. I feel my body shifting and some hair grow on my head. I shake my body, getting rid of the goosebumps I usually get from shifting.

I pull the covers off of my legs and drag myself out of bed. I tuck the covers into the bed and place the pillows on top. I quickly go over to my mirror and check myself.

"I look good for 65 million."

I open a portal to Grimshade and step inside. I look around and see I'm just outside the new Grimshade hall. I suddenly hear grunting. I look to my side and see a small training area. I see Viper throwing some axes at the training dummies.

Maybe I can talk to him and apologize for yesterday. Sure, we banter at times but I don't like to be rude.

I walk up next to him and stand there and watch as he throws axes. As he gets ready to throw another axe, I clear my throat. He yelps, startled as he throws his axe. He looks over at me. I chuckle nervously. "Why would you do that out of nowhere?!" He yells.

"I don't know." I chuckle. "I guess it was kind of stupid of me to do that."

He scoffs. "That's one thing we can agree on," he mutters.

I'm just gonna pretend he didn't say that.

"But hey, at least you got a bullseye."

We both look over at the targets and see an axe sticking in the bullseye. He shrugs. "So, what are you doing here?"

I sit on the barrel behind me. "Well, I just got here and I saw you and decided to say hi."

"Huh. Good for you." He walks over to the targets and pulls out the axes before walking back to me. He turns around and throws an axe at the target, almost hitting a bullseye. "Look, Mitch-"

He quickly spins to me and points an axe at me. "Don't call me that."

I put my hands up. "Okay, I'm sorry. Viper."

He puts his axe to his side and then throws it at the target. "I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. I know we used to banter all the time as kids but I'm not a dick."

It's taking me everything not to finish that sentence and say, unlike some people. I'm trying to prove a point here, people.

He doesn't respond.

"Look, you don't have to say you forgive me or anything. I just don't like being mean to friends."

He scoffs again. "Since when were we friends?"

I freeze, a soft and small gasp leaving my throat. After a second, he freezes too.

Moments of silence go by, the only thing being heard is the birds waking up in the background. He looks away and clears his throat. "I have to finish my training. See you later."

I watch as he walks off and leaves the area. I slide myself off of the barrel.

"Hey, Alyssa."

I look and see Michael walking over to me. "Hi," I mutter out to barely a whisper.