39. Together

Chapter 39: Together

Ellie's POV

*****

I trusted Blake, probably more than I had ever trusted anybody. Telling him about my anxiety and all of the mental issues I had was petrifying, but it was also cleansing. He sat there as I told him everything, not once interrupting me. The concern growing in his eyes as I was speaking was proof enough of how much he cared about me.

Blake was the first person other than my own family I was talking to about the whole thing. I knew that he would understand me, but at the same time I hated that I was making him worry about me.

The older I grew, the stronger I had become. Slowly, I learned to control everything by myself. Sure, sometimes it got too much, but I was always able to overcome it.

Blake got up from his chair as I finished telling him everything, his arms wrapping around my neck, burying his face. My arms instinctively wrapped around his waist, clutching him tightly. He pulled away, looking at me intently as his thumb caressed my cheek gently.

"Why didn't you ever say anything?" He softly said. "The guys and I are your friends. Heck, we're your family. We're always going to be here for you."

"I didn't want to burden you guys with my problems. This is my battle Blake, not yours," I told him, hoping he would understand.

"It doesn't need to be," he replied. "We're here and we want to help you. You don't have to face everything on your own."

I smiled at him, nodding my head. I was stubborn, and I knew that I wanted to get through the entire thing on my own. Yet knowing that there were people who were going to be standing by my side was certainly uplifting.

"Shit," Blake muttered under his breath, catching my attention. "You're going to be late for your date."

My heart broke slightly at how pained he sounded while mentioning the date. All I wanted in that moment was to stay wrapped up with Blake, enjoying the way I felt when I was beside him.

"You're right," I sighed. "We have to go."

I scrunched my brows as Blake's gaze dropped to the floor, stuffing his hands in his back pocket. He sighed, shutting his eyes tightly before looking at me with a soft smile, his head shaking lightly.

"No," he slowly said. "You have to go."

I looked at him in confusion, not sure what he was trying to say.

"There was a change of plans. James called us and told us that he wants you and Jordan to go out alone tonight."

I took a step back, shocked that a decision like that would be taken without me. James had told us that for now, Jordan and I were going to be seen together with the guys, and not that we would be going out alone straight away.

"Why wasn't I informed of this?" I asked him, anger bubbling inside me.

I was sick and tired of James making decisions which had to do with me without even thinking of consulting me.

"We thought you knew," Blake said, taking a step closer to me. "Trust me, I'm not crazy about it either."

"I'm sorry," I softly told him.

"No," he said, shaking his head. "I don't want you to worry about me, okay? I want you to go out and have fun. Jordan seems like a nice guy, no matter how much I hate to admit it. It's not like he wanted to go out with you. So just go out there and pretend you're just hanging out with an old friend, okay?"