A Second Chance

"Thank you, Hinako. If you are just tuning in, here's a reminder of our main story today. Yashiro Seihashi, founder of the Hero Festival, is due to attend a press conference, regarding this year's festival. The event, which took place a week ago, became the victim of yet another villain attack, where a massive explosion during the live broadcast Hero Parade caused 368 attendees to be injured, 35 of them being serious. The 42-year-old businessman is expected to answer questions at the Endo Centre in Kyoko at 12 today, for what many have called it 'one of the most upsetting incidents in recent memory'..."

The news played in the background as Izuku focused on wrapping a bandage around his right arm. Even so, he couldn't help but listen in, catching certain information that was presented about the aftermath of the Hero Festival. Despite it being a week since then, the impact was still felt throughout the media, and it was only going to increase once the press conference began.

"The villain, known as Vanish, was found to be responsible for the attack and is currently in custody, awaiting to be sentenced." The new anchor continued, just as Izuku finished with the bandage, clenching his fist, and feeling the usual pull.

"At least it's not aching as much." He muttered. Because of his fight with Vanish and the excruciating pain he felt on his arm afterwards, he had to visit the hospital for a check-up. Luckily, there wasn't anymore lasting injuries to the arm and was told to keep it wrapped for about two weeks in ensure a good recovery.

He got up from the sofa, taking the bandage roll with him, where he saw the broadcast switch from the studio to outside a large building, with a male reporter standing in front.

"Thank you Okasaki. Yes, I'm here, standing behind Endo Centre, where the press conference is planned to take place in the next half hour..." Izuku walked into the kitchen, sighing as he went into a cupboard to place the roll away. As much as he wanted to watch the news, to find out what sort of punishment Seihashi may face because of one villain's selfish intention, he had other things to focus on today. Something more important in his eyes.

He went into his fridge and took out a small blue, opaque container before walking towards his backpack to place it inside. Just as he zipped it up, he heard his phone ringing from the living room. He made it way back there to pick it up, taking a quick glance at the caller ID before answering it.

"Hey, Al... Toshinori." He answered, biting his tongue from the common mistake.

Toshinori chuckled. "Morning, my boy. How have you been? Hope I didn't interrupt."

"Oh no, you didn't. Haven't left the house left." Izuku replied, walking back to his backpack, and wearing it.

"Oh, that's good to hear. I was afraid I ruined something."

Izuku chuckled. "No, don't worry. If anything, I might be one to ruin it." He quickly grabbed the TV remote, pausing for a moment to see the news presenting footage of Seihashi entering the Endo Centre. He sighed before turning off the TV.

"Are you OK, Izuku? You sounded down for a moment." Toshinori spoke with concern.

"Hmm? Oh, it's just... the news." Izuku sighed, placing the remote and heading for the main door.

"Oh, right. The press conference. Guessing you're not going to watch it today."

Izuku shrugged his shoulders as he sat down on the platform near the door, putting the call on speakers to put on his red shoes. "I might catch some during the train ride, but I'm not going to worry about it today."

"Yeah, that makes sense. Well, I won't hold you for any longer. Say hi to Young Uraraka for me."

Izuku felt his checks warm up at the mention of Uraraka, thinking about what he planned to do today. With his shoes fitted, he got up, adjusting the straps of his backpack, and picking up his phone. "I-I will."