Evening Catch-Up

The evening came by as quickly as the morning did, nearly blackening the entire sky with the stars twinkling above. If there was one thing Izuku had learnt since becoming a pro hero, it was that the concept of time almost became non-existent to him. The only thing that was constantly reminding him of that idea was with his meetings at the agency and patrol times. As he didn't constantly check on the time, it was only when he left the building of the agency when he realised how late it was.

"I really need to get used to this." He thought as he made his way to the train station. The train journey home would normally have no major disruptions, as it was a combination of him not heading home in his hero costume, which he normally leave at the agency unless otherwise, and him having a 'plain look', as his friends would say. Honestly, he was glad to have such an appearance when out of his hero duties that most people would not bade an eye on him, except for the eagle-eyed fans, which he would get from time to time.

An hour later, he made it to his apartment. He was met with darkness when he opened the door, before he turned on the lights, illuminating the space. He took off his red shoes before making his way to the living room/kitchen. The only times he was mostly in his apartment, was in the early morning and late at night, so it would be forgiving to think that he had moved in only about a month ago and not two years, based on how barely touched most things were. There weren't any special touches to the room to make it say 'This is Izuku Midoriya, aka Deku's house!' apart from his bedroom, but Izuku didn't mind. Though he would admit he would need to get a plant or two to fill up the clear empty spaces.

Soon, Izuku changed into more comfortable clothing – a simple light blue t-shirt and black shorts, and was now sitting on the living room floor, legs crossed, in front of the coffee table. There was a open notebook on the table, that he was looking intensely at it, fiddling with a pencil in one hand while his head rested on the other.

"His Quirk had the ability to produce screams that create sonic waves, causing things to break. He used it mainly for distance attacks, which meant he was on the defence, while I was on the offence. It was only when he lost his patience that I was able to get a reach on him. Still, I used my arms for the final attack. I can't keep relying to that."

He was in the middle of his usual rambling session that he would have after he returned home and had a fight with a villain. It was his way to look back at the fight, analysing both his and the villain's performance and how he could improve to become a better hero.

"I need to improve on my constant use of my legs, not always relying on my arms for a finisher attack. Also, I was practically losing until Vulture showed up. Still, in a way, I was able to buy some time before he did, giving us the advantage."

He then wrote some of his thoughts down on the notebook, nodding in satisfaction. "Then, that's it. I have to train my legs more." He then picked up another piece of paper on the table – a calendar with little notes scribbled on almost every date.

"Let's see... I got a day off in two days, so I could use that time to train." He concluded, making a few more notes in the notebook, before leaning back against the sofa behind him, satisfied with his analysis.

"Are you done now?"

"Huh?" Izuku heard a voice. A voice he knew all too well, that he could recognise it in a busy street during the weekend.

"All Might?" Looking around the room, his eyes then landed onto his smartphone that was on the coffee table.

"It sounded like it came from my phone." He deduced quietly.

"Because it did." The voice came back, through the speaker phone. A chuckle came through afterwards, and in that moment, Izuku froze and a deep shade of red flooded his face entirely.