A Long Time Since...

Izuku was sitting at his desk in the agency office, looking through hero news articles and taking notes on them in his notebook. A month had passed since his fight with The Destroyer and apart from another big fight with another villain two weeks later, his only encounters had been with robberies and others during his morning and afternoon patrols, as well as the occasional evening one. 

To some people, that may seem uneventful, but for Izuku, there were his efforts at constantly preventing crime in the street. It made his new job worthwhile, and made him even more determined to work hard to become not only the number one hero, but take the place as the next Symbol of Peace.

Until that day comes, he would continue to patrol the streets. Even though today, he was appointed for an evening one, he still decided to come to the agency, not just to have a few moments to himself searching articles but to look at radars that could alert him for assistant nearby. But as there weren't much in the area so far, he focused on the articles, as it was something he did when he was an obsessed hero fanboy. And still was.

He was so engrained in his research, taking note on a particular new story that a simple hand on his shoulder caused him to practically jump up from his seat. Quickly turning around on his seat, he then gave an annoyed sigh, sinking into his chair and clutching his chest that was threating to burst.

"Why do you always do that?" He asked annoyingly, only hearing snickering as a response. This prompted him to look up again, facing a snickering, red faced Vulture, trying his hardest to not burst out laughing.

"Ah! For a confidant hero... you sure are a scary cat!" Vulture managed to say once he stopped his snickering.

"Right..." Izuku simply said, looking unimpressed. "Please tell me you're here other than to scare me."

"Well, I am curious as to why you're in now. I thought you had your patrol at 6pm." He asked curiously, grabbing a chair to seat next to Izuku.

"I do. I'm here just in case any heroes need assistance on their patrols." Izuku changed the screen from the internet to the hero radar.

"Gosh, don't you ever rest?" Vulture sighed.

Izuku just shrugged his shoulders. "Honestly, I don't know why you're even surprised."

Vulture was silent for a bit, thinking to himself. "Yeah, you're right." He finally replied, which made Izuku chuckle.

"Anyway, how did your patrol go?" He asked, returning to the internet and resuming his note taking before getting scared out of his will.

"Not bad. Managed to stop a mugging from happening."

"Oh, that's great!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, but honestly, the mugger was pretty stupid. He saw me and yet, he still thought he could get away with it. 'It wasn't me, office, I swear!'" Izuku couldn't help but laugh at Vulture's impersonation. "I mean, if a rise of crime results in a rise in incompetent villains, then I don't think we should be worried about anything."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Izuku said in between his laugh. He eventually managed to calm down before focusing back on note taking.

"What are you taking notes on this time, fanboy?" Izuku rolled his eyes at the nickname Vulture liked to say, but the smile on his face failed at his demeanour.

"Oh, you know? Hero news. Oh, look!" He scrolled down to a particular story, clicking on the link for more information. "Gang Orca returned from his hero trip to New Zealand. He managed to rescue 100 people from a massive building collapse."

"Oh, nice!" Vulture nodded impressively. "Must have knocked out those villains with that shockwave of his."

"You bet!" Even though he was a pro hero himself, Izuku would still get excited over the heroes he grew up with and their many new achievements over the years, along with the new pros emerging. He then looked back to his notebook, turning pages back at what he wrote before. Reading hero news articles was not just for him to see what's been happening in hero society, but also to analysis the different situations and techniques he could use to improve on his own skills.