The Fear In All This

Hey guys! First of all, I just want to say thank you so much for waiting and I'm sorry that the hiatus went longer than anticipated. Both school and motivation contributed to that happening, but I'm back (kinda)! Expect updates to still be slow, but don't worry, I still have every intention in finishing this story, so I hope you'll stick with it till the end.

With that said, I hope you'll enjoy the new chapter! :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Izuku was not aware of how long he held Uraraka. He wasn't even sure of the time anymore, as all forms of it disappeared the moment he saw her. All that mattered right now was that she was OK. But when he felt her hands slowly wrap around him, everything came slamming back to him. His eyes grew wide, and he immediately stepped back, bringing his hands up in a form of surrendering.

"I-I'm sorry! I d-didn't mean to do that! I-It's just... umm... I, uh..." He stuttered all over the place, unable to form any words. But hearing her chuckle brought him out of his state.

"It's OK, Deku. Don't worry." Uraraka insisted. He thought he saw her rosy cheeks turned darker, but he didn't dwell on it. "I figured you must have been worried about me."

Izuku sighed, thinking back to how panicked he was from her call being cut off. "Yeah, that's an understatement. After your call got cut off, I didn't hear from you again, so I thought..." He didn't even want to think about the possibility of losing Uraraka. His whole world would crumble if that ever happened.

"Yeah, sorry. My earpiece got knocked off whilst fighting Vanish, so..." She explained. Looking closer, Izuku could tell she definietly had a run in with the villain, as part of her sleeves were torn off, her face looked scratched up, and there was a slight crack on the visor of her helmet. But he didn't dwell on that, because the most important thing was that she was alive and OK and standing right in front of him.

"Well... I'm just glad you're OK." He smiled, which prompted her to smile back. With all the destruction that have happened at the Hero Festival, he would take this as a victory.

"Right then." Uraraka clapped her hands together in anticipation. "We should probably secure the villain before he gets away again."

"Oh, right." Izuku mentally slapped his forehead. All thoughts of Vanish evaporated the moment he saw Uraraka, but he knew he couldn't let that happen. He had already caused so much damage that letting him escape again will only lead to more disaster.

"You could say that again." And that fear was suddenly answered through his chilling voice.

Izuku and Uraraka turned around to find Vanish no longer knocked out on the floor above them, but instead right in front of them, head slightly brusied from the impact and his hands behind his back like he was a gentlemen suddenly.

"You see, this is why you don't entrust young heroes to hold up society." He grinned. "They get too distracted with other things." Izuku charged up a small percentage of One for All and stood in front of Uraraka, arms slightly out to protect her. He wasn't going to let him get near her again.

"Stand down, Vanish." He demanded. "And this will all be over."

Vanish laughed. "Wow. You heroes really are something. Society has really done you dirty."

"I don't want hear another word about society screwing us over." Izuku gritted. "We choose to fight and protect others and that's what we'll do until the end of time."

The villain huffed, like all of this was amusing to him. "Do you really believe that?"

Izuku's eyes narrowed. "Even if I didn't, that's not up for you to decide..." Suddenly, he heard a grunt from behind, along with a thud. He turned around, and his eyes widened, finding Uraraka kneeling on the ground, looking like she was about to pass out.