Escalating Danger

Izuku was so laser focused on reaching the fun house, that by the time he and Todoroki eventually arrived close to the destination, he was caught off guard by a sudden large blast reaching towards him, causing him to skip to a halt. Luckily, Todoroki was quick on his feet, instantly creating a large ice wall to block the attack.

"Thanks, Todoroki." Izuku said, catching his breath from the sudden attack.

"No problem." He answered, before beginning to melt it away with his fire. "You head on forward. I'll meet you there."

"Alright!" Izuku wasted no time in running through the Festival, thinking back to where the explosion was directed and following in that direction. As he did, he looked up at the sky, noticing the sun beginning to set, causing the sky to slowly become a light orange colour.

"It's only the middle of the Festival..." He thought, biting his lower lip in frustration. The attendees should still be in a celebratory mood by now, not in fear and terror.

Suddenly, he saw a flash from his peripheral, bringing him out of his thoughts. He looked at the direction of the flash, where not only he did see the same explosion from before, but a figure flying from the distance, falling towards the ground before another figure grabbed hold of them and the two fell straight into the ground, landing a distance from Izuku.

He increased his Quirk, running faster towards them where, as the dust created from the impact disappeared, revealed Vulture and Bakugo, with the former having both his wings and crow feet out, lying flat on the ground and catching his breath, and the latter getting up on his feet, ready to get back to the fight.

"Vulture! Ground Zero!" Izuku called out, deactivating his Quirk once he reached them. "Are you OK?"

"Yeah. Just this bastard is really starting to tick me off." Bakugo exclaimed, gritting his teeth.

"Yeah... He's been... hiding in one of the alleyways... trying to use the dark to his advantage..." Vulture explained, looking physical in pain as he transformed his arms back and slowly sat up, grabbing hold of his back.

"Hey, are you sure you're OK?" Izuku asked worryingly, crouching down next to Vulture, who gave him a dismissive wave.

"Yeah... it's OK. Just what happens when I overuse my Quirk. You know what that's like..." Izuku knew what he meant, knowing full well that he can suffer from extreme back pain from overusing his Quirk.

"Well, you better get used to it quickly, because we're not backing down!" Bakugo declared before using his explosion Quirk to propel forward, jumping over a building in front of them.

"Man, that guy's relentless! You should have seen him back there." Vulture expressed.

"Yeah, no surprise there." Izuku commented. He then helped his friend slowly get up on his feet. "You think you can keep going?"

"Yeah, I think I got a couple in me left." He said confidently. Izuku nodded in response before the two headed off themselves. Vulture had to run slowly due to his back pains, but he kept on insisting Izuku to not wait for him. As much as he wanted to wait for his friend to catch up, they knew they couldn't wait any longer, allowing the villain to escape. He wouldn't let that happen.

He continued dashing through the area, finally arriving near the entrance of the fun house where he found Bakugo, standing in his fighting stance and looking around aggressively.

"Ground Zero!" Izuku called out, prompting Bakugo to turn around and face him.

"About time you showed up." He grunted. "Bastard got away from me again."