What A Hero Does

"This is bad. This is bad. This is bad! "

Izuku's panicked thoughts were racing as he ran back down the alleyway. The image of the cloaked figure seemingly disappearing into the darkness still played in his mind, causing him to feel guilty that he couldn't catch him in time. But the feelings of fear were the main emotion he was feeling.

To have a villain, running about, having the ability to disappear, already having a plan to disrupt the Hero Festival this early. It made him sick just thinking about.

"We have to stop them. We have to."

"Deku!" His deep thoughts were interrupted by the voice of Uraraka. Looking straight forward, he saw her crouching down, clenching at her right hand.

"Uravity!" Reaching up to her and crouching as well, he felt his throat tighten from the sight of her hands covered in blood, with a small pool underneath.

"C-Can I...?" He reached out his hand and knowing what he was asking, Uraraka carefully released the hand she wrapped around her injured one and handed it to him. He gently took it, observing the wound.

"The wound isn't deep, thankfully." He muttered as he looked at the single knife wound that stretched across her palm. Holding her hand in one, he used his other hand to reach into his red utility belt and pulled out a roll of bandage. Finding the end of the bandage, he placed it on the wound, which caused Uraraka to flinch and hiss from the pain. He gave an apology before beginning to carefully wrap the bandage around it, becoming quiet as he focused his attention on the wound.

"I didn't know you carry bandages with you." Uraraka commented, raising her bandaged hand at her eye level once Izuku had finished tying it up.

"It's a recent addition." Izuku replied, putting it away before looking at her, just as she did the same. Even in the dark alley they were crouched in, her eyes were still so bright to him that it made his heart go lopsided for a moment.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Y-Yeah, you're welcome." He looked away slightly as he felt his face warming up. But that quickly subsided as the feeling of guilt came to him from the recent events, causing him to sigh and look back at her.

"I'm sorry, Uraraka. I should have been focused, so that you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"Hey, it's OK." She assured him. "There wasn't a way for you to be focused while you were talking to me. Besides, I didn't mind what I did. It's what heroes do, right?"

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, you're right." He got up from his crouching position before reaching his hand out to her, to which she gladly took, helping her up.

"Do you know who that was?" She asked, prompting him to look back down the alley, the villain's vanishing act still in his mind.

"I'm not sure, but..." He looked back to her before continuing. "Kacchan and Kirishima radioed me because they believed they saw a villain heading here. They couldn't find him, but... they did find a splatter of blood."

Uraraka gasped and he saw fear and terror in her eyes that it made the pit in his stomach grow heavier. "I don't know if that villain caused it... but I have a good idea that it's them."

"And... they're going to try and attack the festival, aren't they?"

He nodded. "We have to stop them before they get the chance." He had the determination in his voice that surged through his entire being. Protecting people from villains, who want nothing more than to hurt them, was one of the main reasons why he wanted to become a hero.