(Short) Chapter 24 - Date?

(Sam's POV)

Next Saturday, Austin comes to my house with two tuxedos. "Hola amigo!" He walks in and hands a tux to me. 

"Eh? What is that for?" I look at him confused.

"A double date." He shrugs.

"Excuse me?" I gawk at him.

"Yeah. You need to some stress relief. Meriwether says she'll look after Quinn. Put it on." He motions to the tux in my hands as Quinn comes down the stairs. 

"Uncle Aussie! Hi!" She runs up to him and hugs his leg. "Wanna play dolls with me?" She asks.

"Can't little monkey. Daddy and I have somewhere to go. You'll stay with Meri for a while, won't you?" He asks her. Surprisingly, she nods.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"Nowhere. Aussie is joking, Princess. How about you go clean your room?" I tell her. She looks at me before nodding and running upstairs. "Austin, I am not going on a date." I say sternly.

"Oh so you're just gonna ditch the girl? That would be rude." He says with an evil glint in his eye. I hate being that.

"I hate you. I more than hate you." I mutter as I put the tux on.

"Likewise." He says and goes upstairs. After a minute, he comes back down with Quinn.

"So where are you going, daddy?"

"I'll tell you when you're older. Come on, we'll go to Meri's." I say. 

Meriwether is obviously well informed about where I'm going and with who and why. Austin must've came to her before he walked into my house. "Quinn will be just fine, Sam. don't worry." She promises and shoves me out of the door jokingly. I say goodbye to Quinn and leave, getting into Austin's car.

"So, who is the girl?" I ask.

"I'm going with a brunette, called Jennifer, and you're going with her blonde sister, Jessica." He states. I nod.

"You know I hate this, right?" I say.

"Yeah, well you need to stop hating it." He shrugs and I groan. We exit the car in front of a small restaurant, where we wait for the girls.

Eventually, they come. They're wearing black dresses. Jennifer has her hair in a bun, whilst Jessica has it down. Heavy make up covers what probably used to be a face. They walk towards us, whilst I'm trying to figure out whether her blue eyes are actually blue or whether she did something with them too. I don't like her. She looks like Regina George or something. Austin probably scored with Jennifer, found out she has a sister and set me up with her because it's her sister.

I greet both of them, acting like I was brought up, whilst internally longing for Quinn. We sit down and wait for the waiter, engaging in a small conversation. Mainly Austin, Jennifer and Jessica. I just nod and smile, mostly.

"So, Sam, how come this didn't happen before? Austin kept saying you're too busy, ever since we met." Jessica flutters her fake lashes at me.

"Like Austin said, I've been busy." I shrug.

"What with? You really couldn't spare two hours for a date?" She asks and I decide I like her less and less with every minute. Austin sends me an apologetic look. He probably didn't know she's that annoying.

"Work and Quinn. What else?" I reply.

"Quinn?" The girls ask. I look at Austin, who avoids my gaze. He hasn't told them.

"My daughter." I shrug. 

Their faces fall. "You- you have a child?" Jessica asks whilst Jennifer just stares at me.

"Yes." I admit and watch them go from Austin, to me, to each other. 

Eventually, they both stand up, and leave, saying goodbye.

I shrug as Austin looks at me. "I'm sorry, Sam. I thought they were less..."

"Stereotypically popular?" I mutter and he nods. "It's fine. You coming to mine?" I ask. Austing nods again and we leave the restaurant, driving back home. I pick Quinn up, with a brief explanation ("Not my type, Meriwhether.") and walk back inside my house.

"Would you like a bubble bath today?" I ask Quinn. She grins and nods.

"Yeah. I want Santa." She says. 

"You know, Santa is coming soon." I say, thinking that we only have two months left until Christmas.

"Really? I've never seen Santa before." She squeals excitedly as I chuckle at her face.

"When is your birthday, daddy?" She asks suddenly.

"Next week. Why?" I ask.

She shrugs and starts playing with the bubbles. "You went on a date today." She states.

"How'd you know?"

"Meri said. Did you like it, daddy?" She asks sincerely.

"Not really. I don't think dating is for me." I say honestly as I put a Santa beard on my face, "How do I look?"