Shopping and new beginnings part 5

After taking the shoes to the car, I decide to take Quinn to McDonald's for late lunch. 

We get there and order on the monitors: A cheeseburger happy meal, with fries and orange juice plus an extra fruit bag and a toy, for Quinn; and a Grand Big Mac Meal with fries, coke and no pickles, for me. We sit at the tables and wait for our order.

Once I bring the food, I open the box for Quinn and we start eating. 

"Do you like it, Princess?" I ask her. She looks up at me and nods, smiling. I smile back. We finish the food in silence and then go to the washrooms.

I'm glad that Quinn knows how to use the bathroom on her own, because I really didn't want to have to figure out what to do if she didn't. 

After the bathroom, we go to different toy shops and buy toys. 

(AN: Those are all the toys they bought)

I decide to take Quinn home and buy things like books and coloring pencils tomorrow from one of Book City stores. 

We get home and I make veggie wraps for tea. I also text Austin, to come and help me clean out the spare room for Quinn.

"Princess, the man from earlier is going to come here soon, don't be scared of him, he is really nice, just like me. Ok?" I tell her. She looks at me with wide eyes, before they go back to normal and she nods. I smile at her, encouraging her to do the same, and she does. 

Right when we finish, Austin comes. He is quieter than before, and makes slow movements, so that Quinn doesn't get scared. He walks up to her, smiling and crouches down. He looks at her and holds out his hand and waits for her to take it. After looking at both him and me, Quinn eventually takes his hand and shakes it. "Hello, my name is Austin. I am Sam's friend. What's your name?" 

"Q-quinn." She whispers

"That's a very nice name." He smiles at her. It takes a while, but she eventually smiles back slightly. 

"Princess, I'll turn on the TV for you so you can watch some cartoons. Austin and I need to do something, ok? Call us if you need anything." I say to her. She nods and gives me a half-smile. I turn on Disney Junior and sit her on the couch, leaving her to watch Doc McStuffins. 

Austin and I walk upstairs and start taking everything out of the spare room, which is trashed with unused stuff and rubbish. 

Quinn POV

Sam and the other man went upstairs. The other man is called Austin and he looks scary but Sam says that Austin is nice. I believe Sam. Sam put on the TV for me and I am watching cartoons. They are about a girl who is a doctor for toys. I've never been to a doctor, but the policeman said I will have to go later. 

Sam POV

"Why do you have so much trash in this room?" Austin whines half an hour into cleaning the room out. 

"I honestly don't know."

"Cool. We ordering pizza later?" 

"Yes, if you pay."

"Fine." I smirk. Austin is easy to persuade. 

After another hour, all trash is in the back of Austin's truck and ready to be taken to the garbage dump.

When we're about to drive to the garbage dump, I realize that we forgot to buy stuff for Quinn's hair so I decide that Austin will take the trash and I will take Quinn to some beauty shop or something.

In the Hair and Body Beauty shop, we buy hair brushes, combs, hair ties, hair clips, bobby pins, hair bands, bows. I then also buy some body was and shampoo for kids. 

After we buy these, we drive back home

After we buy these, we drive back home. I order a pizza for the three of us and wait for Austin to come back. Soon enough he does, and we put Lion King on for Quinn, and I start browsing through the internet, buying paint and furniture for her room. We still need to clean the windows and floor, but we decide to do that tomorrow. 

"Hey Princess, what colour room do you want?" I ask.

She looks away from the TV. "Blue and Pink!" She says. I smile and nod, buying the 'Air force' blue and 'Judy Rose' pink paint. I buy a 'Steel' blue rug and 'Olympic' blue furniture: a wardrobe, a bedside table and a small drawer cupboard with two shelves. I also buy the 'Sky' blue curtains. The bed that I buy is the same color as the pink paint. I buy a 'Navy' blue lamp and a 'Soft Berry' pink light shade. 

Whilst I'm buying all those stuff, the pizza comes and after Austin pays, I get a plate and put a piece on it, giving it to Quinn. Leaving out two more pieces for her just in case, Austin and I start eating and watching the movie with Quinn. Once the movie is finished, I check the time. 18:45. 

"Come on, Princess, lets take a shower and then bed time." I say to her. She looks at me and smiles, standing up. I pick her up and take her to the bathroom.

I set the shower up and take Quinn's clothes of. I put her in the tub and start washing her body. Just like yesterday, she washing there on her own, whilst I get her some pajamas. I come back with her Hello Kitty pajamas, rinse of the lather off of her, and dry her up, putting her clothes on. I brush her teeth and we go back downstairs, again, to see that Austin made her 'bed' on the couch. I tuck her in and wait for her to fall asleep, before joining Austin in the kitchen.

"Bro, so you adopting her or what? What's happening exactly?" 

"I'm keeping her that's for sure. You really should've figured that out when I texted you to help me clean out the room for her. The CPS and police agreed that she will stay with me for a trial period and if I pass, I'll start working on the adopting part."

"Trial period?"

"Yea, you know, no abuse, no neglecting her, her being happy, stuff like that. CPS are gonna be visiting every once in a while." I answer him. We stay silent for a few minutes and then he speaks up again.

"So, I'm not saying that I'm not gonna support and help and all, but why can't you just let the system take care of her? I mean looking after a kid, like a single parent, male, may I add, is hard. You really up for the responsibility?"

"Yes, I am. I found that girl, I took her to the police, I bought her all those things, I am going to take care of her. Because I am like her. I know her pain. And I am going to make it better. This girl is now mine. Mine to love. Mine to protect. Mine to make happy."

"Bro, chill, I get it. You know I do. I was just asking. You don't need to give a full speech here. We come from the same boat. I'm with ya, dude. Just make sure you'll be fine." He says, concern present in his eyes. I smile at him and nod. It's nice having a friend like Austin. 

"You spending the night?" I ask him. He shakes his head. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." He says and stands up. I walk him to the door and we say goodbye. 

Once Austin is gone, I make sure Quinn is asleep, before going upstairs into a warm, relaxing shower.