Chapter-17

Cara Jones POV

"Baby it's okay. I am alright", Ace said while wiping a tear that is running down my cheek.

"Stop it you idiot. See you hit your head on the steering and blood came out. They put a bandage on you elbow, head and wrist. You say you are okay? Can't you see that you are hurt? I can't bear if something happens to you", I said cupping his face and kissing his cheek.

"Love. Stop crying. I can't see you crying. Not because of me. They are all just minor injuries and you ar reacting as if I am dead an-", I hit him on the shoulder.

"Don't say such type of stupid words. I don't like them from your mouth. You should have been a little more careful. See what happened now". I know David did it, but if Ace is a little more careful, he could have not been hurt.

David tried to kill him and show it off like a car accident. How dare he? But I can't do anything. Should I tell about this to Ace? May be I should but not now.

It's not the right time. He is ill and I should take care of him. Not add my problems to his.

"Okay. The mistake is mine, now will you please stop scolding me. God! You are worse than my mother", he said and I wiped my tears. Mother? Where are his parents? I never asked him and he never talked about them.

"Ace why didn't your parents come?", I asked him while taking his hand in mine. He didn't say anything.

He kept looking her and there.

"Ace".

"They are dead", he replied looking down. I gasped. Dead? And I didn't even know about that. I am the worst girl friend ever.

"I am sorry Ace. I didn't know. I am an idi-", he cut me off with his fingers on my lips.

"No. Only I should be your idiot. Not even you for yourself and don't worry. I am used to live like this", he said kissing my hand.

"But how did they die?".

"They were both met with an accident two years ago", he said sadly. I have seen him like this. I hugged him tightly to me.

"It's okay. I am there for you now", I said while kissing him on the lips sweetly.

"The doctor said I can be discharged today as these are not minor injuries. So, let's go home", he said looking at me.

"Okay", I replied softly.

The doctor dealing with Ace came and checked him once again. I talked to doctor about his condition. I don't want anything happening to him. All the time I felt his eyes on me and I caught him staring at me. I took the prescription and went to pharmacy that is inside the hospital.

"Excuse me, I want these medicines", I showed the prescription to them and took the medicines. I quickly went to Ace and he is discharged after an hour or so. We both went to his house and I helped him with changing clothes and other things.

All the while going home I felt someone looking at us. Even now when I am helping Ace I can sense someone's eyes on me. I shrugged it off. I should first take care of Ace.

I looked down to see Ace staring at me with love in his eyes. I helped him brush his hair.

"What?", I asked smiling down at him.

"I love you so much", he said looking into my eyes.

"I like you too", I replied back. I know I love him but it is not the right time.

"No. You love me so much. I know that, but I don't mind. Take your own time to realize that", he said taking my hand and kissing it while looking into my eyes.