Chapter Two

♡ ♡

Maria stopped the car looking at the big house in front of her. Lily shoved her head between the driver and passenger seats. "Uh Maria, I don't remember Luke's house looking like this." "Yeah we gotta make a quick stop first, who's coming?" "I mean sure but I still don't know what's happening." Molly said giving the girls a look. "Oh right we forgot to tell her." Lexi laughed getting out of the car. 

"Yeah well you still didn't tell me!" "Come on Molly." Maria said continuing to turn the car off and get out. 

The girls walked up to the door giving it a knock. The door opened as the girls eagerly watched. "Hey Calum." Maria gave him a hug. "Hey Maria what's going on?" "Lots of things, can we come in?" "Of course." He smiled at the girls as they all walked in. "Still hot." Lexi whispered into Lily's ear. 

They all sat down in Calum's living room, Molly observed still confused on what's going on. "So you moved, interesting." Lexi looked around acting like she wasn't interested in her surroundings. "Yeah, I thought it was time to move. So what's up Maria." "Well did you hear the news or did he already tell you to keep it a secret." 

"Uh, what news?" Lily and Lexi laughed at how confused Calum looked. "Oh yeah I'm with you on that too Calum." Molly said glaring at the girls laughing. Maria rolled her eyes and continued. "Luke announced his engagement which actually happened in February. So did you already know?" 

"Of course I knew, I'm his best friend Maria." "You have to be fucking kidding me." Maria whispered to herself. 

"So why didn't he tell me?! It doesn't hurt to go to contacts and press my fucking name." Maria stood up starting to pace around the room. "Ohhh so this is what all this is about damn." Molly said finally aware of the situation. 

"Okay, but Maria why does it matter?" Lily asked. 

"You know what? It doesn't matter anymore." Maria grabbed her keys and started walking outside. "Wait what's she doing?" Calum asked looking at the other girls. "Oh she mad mad." Molly stated. The girls ran to the outside watching as Maria started the car and drove off. 

"Wow the bitch left without us." Lexi rolled her eyes walking back inside. "Okay can you guys actually take me back to the mall because my shifts over and I would like to go home." Molly said. "Are you serious Molly." Lily laughed walking back inside with the others. "Hey Calum we need a ride thanks!" Lily yelled.

Flashback

Maria stood on the beach watching the waves wash up to shore. She remembered the beach from when she was younger always came with her foster parents. They were very good to her but sadly she just couldn't cut it. She ended up moving back to the UK moving into another foster home and another. Now Maria is 18, a couple months ago she moved to LA to be closer to her two best friends Lexi and Molly. 

"Maria?" A faint voice called. She knew it sounded familiar. Maria turned to the person who called her name. "Oh my god, Luke Hemmings from 5sos?!" "I really wish you wouldn't refer to me as that." He laughed. 

"What are you doing here?" Maria was confused on how 2 months later from meeting Luke they'd bump into each other in LA. They did text now and then of course. 

"Well you know the guys and I thought since we're so big in the music industry now that we should move ya know to LA a more uh-" 

"Popular place where all the other popstars live?" "Yeah I guess you can put it that way." 

Since Maria left before Luke could actually admit how he feels, He's had mixed feelings and Maria wasn't making it any better by sending mixed signals. He smiled at her building the courage to ask her out. "Hey Maria?" "Yes Luke?" Maria traced her feet in the sand waiting for him to speak. "Do you wanna go out sometime?" Maria looked up from playing in the sand. "Like a date?" "I mean if that's what you want." He smiled at her. "Of course! Took you long enough." Maria playfully hit his shoulder. "Well I'm sorry but next time don't give me mixed signals. Read the room." 

They both laughed continuing to walk on the beach. 

End of Flashback

Maria stood on the sidewalk thinking how she acted all day. Was I being dramatic? Maybe I was but I seriously don't care anymore.

Maria walked up the steps building her courage whispering "Come on girl just fuck it you only live once." 

She got to the door and rang the doorbell. Maria didn't wanna overwhelm herself but it was time to confront her past. 

The door opened and Maria stood right in front of it. She felt speechless for a moment but remembered she's a bad bitch. 

"Hi Luke." 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Authors notes ⇩

plz so dramatic and for what? anyways-

I failed my learners permit test and I cried. Todays been crazyy and somehow my annoying friends who will prolly blow up the comments on this story made me update. 

I hope you enjoyed :)

Don't forget to Vote, Share & Comment. ^-^