Chapter Nine

Luke hit Calum pretty hard leaving him on the ground holding his eye. Luke backed up holding his fist grunting. He saw Maria's face and she looked pissed. She walked over and grabbed Luke pushing him into the bathroom.

Maria pushed him in a bit to aggressively he hit his hand on the door. "Ow!"

"What the hell?!" Maria yelled. "What do you mean "what the hell"?"

Maria grabbed a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol. Luke sat on the counter. "If you're so mad at me then why are you helping?"

She slammed the bottle of rubbing alcohol down. "Because," She put her hand to her face sighing. "Because you punched your best friend in the face for me. It's the least I could do. But I'm still pissed because I actually wanted to do it."

Luke chuckled as Maria took his hand. "Of course, you were always a fighter." Maria looked up at him raising her eyebrows. "I mean it was cute don't get me wrong."

Maria couldn't help but smile at him calling her violence flaw cute.

She wrapped a bandage over his hand after putting some rubbing alcohol on it. They both got caught in the moment holding hands. Luke still had mixed feelings about her and being in a bathroom alone did not make things better.

Maria broke the silence putting the rubbing alcohol away. Luke wasn't thinking but he definitely was staring. Maria turned around smiling. "What are you still doing here? I finished." Luke walked up to her. They both made straight eye contact. And in a split second Luke touched his lips to Maria's .

Maria felt the warmth of Luke's lips just like when they shared their first kiss at the downtown cinema where there wasn't much people buzzing around.

She pulled back in an instant at the loss of words. Luke began to sigh throwing his head into his hands. "I'm so so sorry Maria" It almost seemed like he was about to cry. Before she could get a single word out she heard shouting.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!"

Luke looked up wide eyed and ran out of the bathroom not even glancing at Maria.

"Sierra oh my gosh!" Luke hugged her giving her a kiss on the cheek. She was enraged mostly because there were people she didn't know in the house and blood was all over her carpet. "Luke sweetie what happened?" He grabbed her hands kissing them gently. "I think it's time you know."

Everyone in the room froze as Maria walked out saying the words she never thought she'd utter. Sierra's eyes were filled with rage but she tried to stay calm for Luke. "What is she doing here? Is this what this is about?! Someone fucking answer me!"

Luke winced clearing his throat but before he could speak Maria interrupted. "It was all me. I was harassing him planning to sabotage the wedding. I- I forget that other people have feelings too and I need to stop caring just only about me. Calum was right. I need to focus on myself I'm really sorry. Luke would never do anything to hurt you."

The terror in Luke's eyes grew. He knew that after this it would be over and he couldn't do anything about it. Sierra sighed smiling softly. Thank you Maria I appreciate your honesty. She turned to Luke making direct contact with him. "I want you to get a restraining order. No more Maria or her quirky friends."

"What now-" Lexi stepped forward in defense but Lily threw her hand out stopping her. "Believe me Luke this will cleanse you and you'll have your regular happy life." Sierra walked off into the bedroom giving Maria a snooty smile.

Maria scoffed throwing the towel on the ground heading for the door. "Come on girls." The girls followed.

♥️♥️♥️

Maria stood behind the counter at Scoops Ahoy with no expression on her face. She was at her lowest. Stiles came up from around the corner noticing the gloom. "Hey are you alright M?" Maria looked up with shock not noticing he was there. "Yeah I'm cool. All cool." She pasted a fake smile continuing to scoop ice cream into the freezer.

"Well if you want to talk we can do it over coffee?" Stiles look almost flustered when speaking. Maria almost blushed starting to answer. A faint voice interrupted. "She won't be attending that. Move along son."

"Calum what the hell are you doing here!" Stiles face was blank confused. "You know what I'll talk to you later I gotta take my break anyways." He nervously smiled at Calum and scurried away. "I think I can take him." Calum laughed taking a sample spoon. Maria grabbed it from his hand placing it back in the cup. "No. Go away."

"Hear me out please!" Maria chuckled refilling the waffle cones. "Are you here to call me a home wrecker? Maybe whore might suffice this time." "Listen I regret everything I said that day. I wanna help." Maria stopped in her tracks. Calum wanting to help is the last thing she would've thought. "What's the catch Cal." Calum look offended taking a step back. "There's no catch." Maria gave him a look. "Fine, I want to get close to Lexi again so if I help sabotage this wedding then that means I'll have to spend time with her." He gave a cute little smile with puppy dog eyes. "Please Maria!" Maria rolled her eyes in disgust. "Fine, but you can't tell anyone No telling LUKE" He nodded shaking her hand and running off.

I guess the plans officially back on. Let's ruin a fucking wedding. She laughed from her thoughts.

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
LONG TIME NO SEE

HI WELCOME

I've finally posted after a whole year damn.

Wait till Maria finds out 🤭