Chapter Four

♡ ♡ 

Maria continued writing stuff down making sure everything was in plan. "So Maria how is this even gonna work out?" Lily asked trying to get her attention. "Uh well I actually don't know." Lily looked at the paper Maria's been writing on. "Then what have you been doing for the past 10 minutes?"

"Definitely not deciding on what outfit I'm going to wear tomorrow for when I go to the store." Lily tried to hide how frustrated she was, especially at Maria. "Yeah okay, I'm gonna go home and hopefully not drag Lexi into this." Lily walked out before Maria could say anything. 

"Well Lily's pissed." Maria walked back to the desk where she had everything set up. Molly stood up and started to walk towards her. "I think this is a really bad idea. I thought you were happy for him?" 

Maria pulled out her phone continuing to focus. "Well nobody actually asked for your opinion Mort." Molly sighed feeling irritated. "Number one don't call me that. Number two you completely avoided my question."

Maria set her phone down glaring at Molly. "I don't care, how about you be an actual friend and support me."  "But actual friends don't wanna see their friend get hurt." 

Molly tried to get her attention but once again Maria was to focused on her past. "Alright I'll see you at the mall tomorrow. If you even decide to focus on the present things." She walked out with no hesitation. Maria looked behind her as the door shut. Maybe I'm being a bit over dramatic about this, She thought.

♡ ♡

Maria walked around shopping for her essentials. After 3 hours she finally decided on what to wear. She thought a lot about last night and how her best friends haven't answered any of her messages. 

"Well hello there." A voice called from behind her. "Who the hell says "Well hello there"-" Maria turned around to see Luke standing right in front of her. Luke nervously smiled. "Some part of me knew you were gonna comment on that."  Maria tried not to smile and keep things serious. "Luke what are you doing here?" He messed with his lip right where his lip ring used to be. Maria always thought he did it cause he was nervous but now it seems he only does it when she's around. 

"I just wanted to see if you were actually okay." "Yeah and I'm fine, I already told you I'm happy for you." Maria fake smiled looking down at the ground biting her lip as well. 

"You always bite you lip when your nervous or lying I know because we both do it." Maria looked up at Luke pretending she did nothing. "I'm sorry you know I'm already having a bad day and I cannot have these mixed feelings." Maria dropped her shopping basket and ran out of the store. Luke watched with hurt in his eyes but he didn't even know why he felt so hurt. 

♡ ♡

 Lexi stood behind the cash register at Scoops Ahoy finishing up counting change. "There you go have a nice day." She smiled at the customers as they cheerfully went to a table to eat their ice cream. 

Lexi turned to Lily who was cleaning the counter. "How can someone be so happy about getting ice cream? Makes me sick." "Everything makes you sick." Lily didn't make eye contact and continued to clean the counter. "Lily what's up with you? When you got home yesterday you were kind of pissed and didn't even ask me how I was." 

Lily stopped cleaning the table. "I just have a lot of shit going on Lexi." She walked past Lexi and took the customers order. "Like what?" "Just between this Maria crap and family things its just stressful that's all."

Lily scooped up the ice cream and handed it off to the customer. "Family? You barely ever mention family." "Cause they don't matter anymore." Lily smiled at Lexi and then looked at the Scoops Ahoy entrance. "Uh I think someone's here to see you." Lily winked at Lexi as she looked up from tracing her fingers on the counter. 

"Oh god, this is just great." There was Calum walking up to the counter. "You guys do samples right?" Lexi rolled her eyes as Calum laughed. "What are you doing here?" "Oh yeah Ashton wanted to see Molly before we went out." He pointed to Hot Topic where Molly was giggling at every word Ashton said. "I'm pretty sure they are gonna date."

"Well I hope Ashton has the balls to ask." Lexi fake smiled at Calum walking past him. 

"I'm guessing that was for me." Calum followed Lexi while she cleaned the tables. "Listen I'm sorry okay, I just I got scared." Lexi stopped cleaning the table and laughed. "You? Calum Hood got scared of asking a girl out? Bullshit." "Yeah I was and then I realized Maria is still fighting for Luke so maybe I should do the same." He grinned at Lexi but she just kept cleaning the tables. 

"You want to fight for Luke too? Damn, Luke really knows how to lead people." "No I meant you." Calum grabbed her hand and smiled once more. "Yeah well that ship has sailed so i'm gonna go text Maria and see what she's up to."

♡ ♡

Luke hesitated knocking on the girl he once was in love with door. The door opened slowly as Maria stood there. "Luke seriously, didn't you get the message. I can't handle talking to you right now." Maria started to close the doors and hide her sad face. "Wait you're right. I should've told you the truth and I'm sorry but you're never gonna be my second choice. You've always been my number one and even though it hurts so much for me to say this-" Luke looked down. He didn't want to see the hurt in her eyes or the tears. He felt like he was breaking up with her all over again.

"We can't talk, see or even hear each others names. I'm gonna get married to Sierra, I want to. You aren't coming to the wedding and its better if we just become strangers." 

Maria stood there trying to hide the tears in her eyes. "Yeah you're right thanks for telling me." Maria closed the door before Luke could say anything else to hurt her. Next thing she knew she was sobbing on the ground. She hated crying and she's never ever cried over someone as much as this boy. 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Authors notes ⇩

Made this a little long....

Here's some more romanceee ahh Stan that

I literally hate writing sappy shit

OKay make sure you vote, comment and share ^-^