Chapter Six

♡ ♡

The next two weeks were a blur for Maria. 

She walked into Scoops Ahoy partly smiling at the customers. "You're late Maria." Maria rolled her eyes to the sound of her bitchy manager Pepper's voice. "Pepper not everyone can meet your standards." "I'm not dealing with your attitude today Maria." Pepper scoffed walking off. Maria held in her laugh and walked over to the counter where Lily was. 

"Hey Lily." Maria slightly smiled at Lily hoping she wasn't still mad. Lily hesitated but wasn't able to look at her. "Hey Maria." "Lily I'm tired of this stop being this way and actually talk to me again." Lily looked up at Maria with a slight smile. "Are you done being an obsessive bitch?" Maria scoffed playfully. "I- Lily! Wait no you're right I was being a bit dramatic over this Luke thing." 

"Yeah we know." Lily muttered. The two girls began laughing mending their friendship. 

Lexi ran in Scoops Ahoy fast. Pepper gave her a deep glare but Lexi just flipped her off and went on her way. 

"Well hello Lex." Maria looked at Lexi confused. Her hair was a whole mess and she looks like she just woke up. "Damn, did you go to a party last night?" Lily joked. "Not exactly." Lexi said putting her hair in a ponytail. "I was with Molly. She wanted to go out with Ashton and I thought it was gonna be like a crazy party." She rolled her eyes from the thought of last night.

"Lemme guess Molly and Ashton planned a nice dinner?" Maria laughed opening the freezer to get more ice cream. "You are so correct but it gets worse. She invited Mikey, Crystal, Sierra, Luke and Calum." Maria stopped when Lexi said Sierra and Luke's names right next to each other. 

"Geez was that like a fucking dinner date party." Lily joked once more. Maria laughed pretending she didn't care. Though it's been hard since one of her best friend's is dating Ashton who is best friend's with Luke. "Yeah, anyways I tried to have a good time but didn't work out so." "So what spill the details." Lily sounded amused as Lexi groaned. 

Maria slightly stepped back hiding how uncomfortable she felt Luke being brought up into the conversation but Lily was right, She was being quite the obsessive bitch.

Lexi went on and on about how Molly and Ashton cuddled up the whole night. Crystal and Sierra talked about the wedding. "Oh and one more thing." "hm?" Lily looked up from the register. Maria was still standing there the most quiet she's ever been. "Luke was acting off, like really off. He barely talked even Calum asked if we'd said anything to him." Lexi rolled her eyes. "But yeah that was the dreadful night. 

Lexi patted Maria on the shoulder with a pity smile and ran to the back of the ice cream shop to do her work. 

Lily looked at Maria who was spaced out. "That was horrifying, right Maria?" She fell out of her gaze looking up. "Oh yeah definitely. Imagine having to go to dinner with your best friends ex boy-friend and act like everything's okay haha." 

"Okay- that wasn't all that happened... My work shift is over so I'm gonna get out of this hell hole." Lily looked at Maria once more. "Are you sure you're okay?" 

Maria laughed. "Oh my gosh Lily brighten the fuck up and get out of here. I am OKAY so SEE you LATER." Maria pushed Lily out of Scoops Ahoy. "I- Okay.." 

♡ ♡

Luke walked down the sidewalk with his cute piggy dog Petunia. Petunia stopped to do her business. Luke looked around hoping she would hurry up. Before turning someone caught his eye real quick. "Lily?" 

Lily winced hoping he was on drugs and didn't actually see her. 

She turned around with an awkward smile. "Hi Luke." 

"What are you doing here? I thought you live with Lexi now?" Lily widened her eyes. Jesus Christ can this man stop asking me so many questions. She thought. "Oh well you know I was..." 

"Looking for Mikey I assume." Luke grinned petting Petunia. "Uh what- how'd you know that." He walked over closer to Lily. "I'm his best friend you think we don't talk?" "And what would you be talking about exactly?" "That your his cousin and ever since me and Maria broke up you felt like you had to take sides and now it's hard to communicate with him." 

Lily could sense the hurt when Luke said Maria's name. Her eyes widened in realization. "Oh my god." Lily whispered. Luke looked at her then around wondering what she was talking about. "Okay I didn't expect it to be that much of a surprise." 

"No Luke shut up." "I- what." Lily pushed her finger to his lips. She thought about the exact week after Luke and Maria broke up. She told Mikey she needed to be there for her best friend and every time Lily mentioned Maria, Luke seemed to look sad. 

"I should be a detective to be honest." Lily smiled proudly at Luke. "For fucking what?" He rolled his eyes waiting for her to continue. "Come on Luke, it's pretty obvious. After you and Maria broke up you both were hurt of course. That ended up fading so we thought-"  Luke interrupted still lost. "Who's we?" 

"Can you just, please?" He nodded. "Anyways, You got together with Sierra showing you are practically soulmates but then after you told Maria she wasn't allowed at the wedding or anywhere near you that broke her. She's been quiet like when someone asks about her family quiet. And then you. When Lexi said you were quiet all night that was weird because you are happily in love right? So why does it matter so much?" 

"Lily you are taking this way out of proportion." Luke called for petunia continuing to walk home. 

Lily stopped him after a couple steps. "You're still in love with her."

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Authors notes ⇩

Ouuuu Fun. 

Lily is Mikey's cousin asf

Anyways its not long so I apologize and I'm back long story short my mom almost caught me reading 5sos fanfics and uh yeah so I took a break. 

Make sure to vote, comment and share ^-^

Thank you for reading bestie :) <3