Chapter 4- His "Weakness"

Writer~San: This art is so cute omg! Good job to whoever the artist is! Hi, how's everyone doing? Enjoying the story so far? ;w;
.
.
(~Your POV + Time Skip Few Days~)

"Hey Boss. Do you-.. uHm.. Need my assistance with something?" I ask, waking up to find him hovering over me. I could tell my cheeks turned a tint of (s/c). His glare softened a bit as he turned to the kitchen, "Get ready. You're coming on patrol with me today."

"Patrol? What time is it???" I sit up, tired and puzzled. My bed has been the couch since I got here. Sans even got rid of the cage so I'd stop climbing into it.

As I'm rubbing my eye sockets, Boss answers, "Early morning. Everyday I go calibrate my death traps. After that, I patrol around town to make sure gangs and drunks aren't causing trouble. I'll go check on the guard, rarely. They're all idiots." "Ya can't expect everyone to be at the same level as you, Boss." Sans weaves himself into the conversation, coming downstairs.

Papyrus gives him a fierce glare for talking back like that. He crosses his arms, "You're up early. WHY?" Sans chuckles and shrugs, "Didn't sleep."

Boss groans, "Those bothersome nightmares AGAIN? I swear Sans, they interfere with your work performance. I'm tired of finding you sleeping at your post!!!" "Heh.. Sorry, Boss."

"Good morning, Sans." I greet him. Sans looks over to me and smirks, "Hey kid. Slept well?" I quietly nod and he looks relieved, "Alright. Well... I'm off to work. See ya later."

"SANS!!! NO SNEAKING OFF TO GRILLBY'S!" Boss abruptly shouts, scaring me as always. Fell shrugs it off, "I got it. Cya.." In the blink of an eye, he takes one of his "shortcuts" and disappears.

It's quite the interesting ability, I haven't seen anything like it. The past few days, he's done it a lot. I also learned something else. The brothers have nicknames, Fell and Edge. Sans being Fell, and Boss being Edge. It's kind of odd.

'Sans said they don't have any friends here, so who calls them that?'

"Y/N." Boss calls firmly. I flinch, snapping out of my thoughts, "Yes sir?" "I don't have all day. Another set of clothes is laid out for you in the bathroom. I told you to get ready ages ago, didn't I?" He replies in an impatient warning tone.

'CRAP-'

"Y-You're right! I'm sorry! I'll be quick." I hurriedly rush upstairs and into the bathroom.

(~Time Skip~)

"I said stay close." Papyrus grabs my wrist and pulls me closer to him. He sounds firm but always has a gentle grip with me. Of course I noticed he doesn't treat me the way he does to his brother.

"Boss, why do you-" Suddenly, he jerks me behind him, "STOP." I squeal, slipping on the snow and falling back on my tailbone. Edge fusses me, "Can't you see in front of you?!"

'I got distracted. What are you talking about?'

He sighs, definitely aggravated, "Come on, stand up." He outstretched his hand to me, which I accepted, letting him help me up. "Look there." Boss commands, pointing to the spot in front of me. There's something sticking out from the snow, looks like rope with shards of sharp metal sticking out of it. It's been covered with a handful of snow as to hide it, but the metal reflects light, making it easier to spot.

Boss spawns a bone staff and brushes some of the snow off, revealing the entire thing. It's a trap, triggered by when someone walks on it. "Outdated design and tactic, but upgraded to be more deadly." Papyrus states while taking a deep breath. His eyes narrowed as he thrusted his staff into the spot and pulled me away from it.