Chapter 22- RUN!

(~Your POV + Time Skip~)

'RuN-'

I accidentally ran into two guards while exploring this place. It was just countless rooms! How the heck was I supposed to know they'd come around the corner?! Why can't I find the exit to this place?! On top of that, I've never seen any other area in this building besides my cell. Clearly, I don't know how to get out of here.

"HEY! GIRL! GET BACK HERE!" They shout, running after me as I book it in another direction.

'I CAN'T GET CAUGHT!!!'

I rush down hall after hall, running around and turning corner after corner in hopes of losing them. The two keep up with me, chasing in close pursuit and screaming countless threats. I don't listen to a word of it, speeding my pace and motivation to find an exit.

There's no way I can fight them in this situation. They'd call for backup. It would stall me for time. Fell's efforts to get us out would be for nothing.

That's when I saw an elevator in the far distance. Also, there's a door for the emergency-use stairs next to it.

'Don't have enough time to escape these guys with the elevator without them cornering me in it... Plus, it's too slow compared to using the stairs. UGH... DANG IT- StAiRS iT iS!'

I rush to the stairs and mentally prepare myself for the exercise of a lifetime. As I ran and climbed up several flights of stairs, the only thing keeping me going is the adrenaline from these two jerks following me.

'How the heck can they still keep up?!'

I get to the ground floor of the building and slam the exit door behind me. A janitor's cart is nearby, only a few feet away. So, I quickly run behind it and shove the heavy cart in front of the door to barricade it. There's a sign on the door with the words "Personnel ONLY" printed for everyone to see. No wonder nobody ever found out about the secrets going on downstairs.

'I only need to delay these guys a few more seconds. A few seconds would make a huge difference!'

I turn around and freeze, staring at the atmosphere in front of me. It's a grand lobby, a water fountain stationed right in the center. Dark red and black decor, VIP and specialty love rooms, and bright neon lighting cover every inch of the place. On each side, there are halls leading to more, I guess standard rooms. Several monsters are walking around, checking into rooms or getting a reservation from a receptionist. The amount of revealing clothes on most of them is just sickening.

'All this time, I WAS BEING KEPT UNDER A FREAKING HOTEL?!!'

Hearing my pursuers' shouts get louder from behind me, I snap back into focus.

'Right. Trying to escape, got it.'

I sprint across the lobby and burst out the door. Now outside, it's something I finally recognize, Hotland. I've had countless masters here or in New Home, so I know my way around.

'New Home is always east. Then the king's castle and the barrier. So, I think that means Waterfall and Snowdin are to the west.'

I start running left, away from the bright colored building, advertising MTT Resort.

(~Time Skip~)

I made it to Waterfall and slowed down. I'm out of breath, my legs burn as if they're on fire. Even a long moment couldn't help me with my staggering breathing. The steep stairs, the running, the end of my adrenaline rush, all of it is catching up to me. I'm exhausted.