Chapter 27- I Promise

(~Your POV + Time Skip~)

I take another turn, not a single guard in sight. I'm close to tearing up.

'It's working. The plan is actually working!!!'

Suddenly, someone pokes my back. I shriek and turn. Undyne laughs and runs beside me, "I told ya!" She has scrapes, cuts, and bruises, but is practically in good health.

I punch her in the shoulder again, "STOP SCARING ME!" Undyne winces, "HeY- NoT thAT arM. It was dislocated a second ago!"

"AHH I'M SORRY!" I panic. Undyne just smiles at me, "By the way, we might have a group coming after us. So, I'd try to make this quick."

"You were supposed to handle that." I whine. "I may be strong but even my strength has a limit. I locked most of them in a storage room, by blocking the door with a wall of my spears. Against an entire group though, I know that barricade won't last long-" "WAIT- RIGHT!" I scream, grabbing her arm and pulling her down the hall to the right.

'If I wasn't paying attention, we would've passed it up and got lost.'

She shouts in pain, "Ow! I tOLd YoU nOT THAT ARM!!!" "Sorry!" I apologize again, speeding up my pace.

'We're so close. I can feel it!!!'

Undyne stays serious, keeping an eye out for anyone that may find us. My mind and heart are racing as I count the number of the doors that we pass.

'I'm so close.'

I'm anticipating anything. I can't help but feel an equal amount of joy and sadness at the same time. My soul is pounding, making it hard to concentrate. We pass another few doors.

'16-'

I halt myself to a complete stop. Undyne stops a few feet in front of me, "Y/N-" "This is it." I look to the wall on my right. It's a space of wall between the two last doors, about 10 feet away from each other.

One of Undyne's fins perks up as she arches an eyebrow, "You mean the next door?" I shake my head, "No. Alphys showed us, it was the second to last room. The 17th door out of 18. I only counted 17 doors in total for this hall just now. There's a hidden room here."

Undyne looks at me in surprise, then starts laughing, "Wow, you were paying attention a lot more than I was." Taking my time, I search along the wall for anything that could help me find the door.

'It's got to open somehow. It would be a pain to keep replacing and painting the wall. Look for the smallest detail.'

As I look closer, I see that a single spot has been painted a shade lighter than the rest of the wall. The two colors are so close together, I doubt anyone passing by would know.

I press one finger on it. It was a sensor. The wall hisses and a large panel of it separates and moves back, scaring me. I jump back and Undyne grabs ahold of my shoulders, keeping me upright, "Heh. That's one of Alphys' sliding door designs. Give it a moment."

The panel slides into another built-in slot in the wall, like putting a card in an envelope. It hides it from sight and opens up a doorway to a dark room.

I step inside, seeing some of the room already because of the light from the hall behind me. It's definitely a cell, made completely of metal.

"What the heck? Y/N?!" Fell chuckles. I flinch and turn to the left. Fell's sitting on the floor to the far left wall, and the darkest part of the room, with his arms chained to the wall. He tears up and smiles, "I didn't tell ya to come save us but.. I'm glad you're okay."