Chapter 10- The Note

(~Your POV + Time Skip~)

'Movies are amazing!'

I'm in awe. It's kind of embarrassing that I'd act so thrilled over a tv. Fell can't stop laughing at my childish reactions. The main hero shows on screen, after being presumed dead. Like a child, I scream out of joy and cling onto Papyrus, "He's back! Now he can save everyone!!! Isn't it great?!"

Papyrus is tired, I can tell. Drowsiness is a side effect of the medication so it's probably started to kick in. Which means, I probably shouldn't be shaking him around too much. I get flooded with guilt and pull myself back, staying quiet. "Yes it is, I've watched this movie a couple times myself." Boss chuckles and softly pets my head.

I apologetically hug onto him, hiding my face. His arm wraps around my back, gesturing that it was okay. I felt something stiffen in my pocket. First, I was confused. Then, the memory flashed back.

'The note.'

I mutter curses to myself and sit up, "I need to do something." Fell pauses the movie and turns, "Want us to wait for ya?" I wave my hands in front of myself, then stand up, "No, no, it's okay. It shouldn't take long, I can catch up. May I use the first aid in the bathroom?"

Edge grows more alert, "What for?" I can see he'd want to supervise me. I can't let that happen. Wanting to keep him calm, I lie, "To wrap up my neck. The cut isn't deep, I just want to be sure...." Both of the brothers exchange glances to each other, I definitely saw it. I pretend to be oblivious of it.

Sans plays the movie again, "Alright. If ya need any help-" "I got it, thanks." I hurriedly rush upstairs. Once I'm in the bathroom, I close the door. I wait for a moment, making sure I can still hear the movie playing.

'No talking amongst themselves, thank god. They're not suspicious of my behavior.'

I sigh, then pull the note out my pocket. It's pretty crumpled, so I carefully unfold it. It's definitely Master's handwriting.

"Hello my sweet! Sending my best wishes~

I've had a couple informants researching for you. Turns out your new owners are skeleton brothers in Snowdin. I know you must feel confused and somewhat upset that I never told you of them. I wasn't aware there were others like you. All I can say is that you must not let false emotions cloud your loyalty. They can never protect and care for you like I can. You can come home as soon as this is finalized.

Anyway, back to planning. Rumors say Papyrus was recruited as the captain of the royal guard some time ago, what a nuisance. His LV is exceptional and so are his senses. Be careful and do not compromise. We'll deal with him later. Now, the oldest, Sans... He's unique, to say the least. He's the key to our change of plans. Meet us at this location on the third day from the moment you get this letter. BRING HIM ALONE. Once the task is complete, wait for further instruction."

Drawn below is a map. It leads deep into the south side of the Snowdin forests. It's detailed which means the crew has already gone through it and left marks for me to follow. I take a deep breath, carefully analyzing all of the marks, turns, and symbols. The third day from when I received the note. That's tomorrow.

'Why Sans? Is it because of what Papyrus explained before? That to everyone, Sans is considered the weakness?'

I don't think I can do this. Tears fill my eyes and I ball up the soft paper.

'You don't have a choice. It's you or them.'

There's no time to waste. I have to finish the task at hand.

'I have to burn this. Surely, there should be a box of matches here somewhere.'

I check under the sink first, a box of them is tucked all the way to the back. The first aid kit is right next to it.

'Perfect.'

I grab both boxes, pulling them out and setting them down on the floor. First, I grab a match. Striking it against the box was simple, the flame sparking ablaze in seconds.

With one hand, I hold open the note. My hope is gone as I take one more look. After some time, I swallow my doubts and set the corner of the page on fire. The fire slowly overtook the sheet, getting so hot that it burned the side of my hand. I hiss and drop the blacked paper into the toilet. I take a few breaths and wince, rubbing my bone around the burn point. It's irritated, already turning red.

I turn to the paper, none of the writing is clearly visible anymore. I flush it down the drain, getting rid of the evidence forever. Or at least, whatever ash is left of it. I spend the next few minutes wrapping my injuries. I refresh the map's details in my mind, over and over.

'I can't miss this. It has to be exact. Everything must go exactly to his plan.'

Once everything is patched up, I tuck the matches and first aid kit away. Next, I head downstairs. Fell noticed my exit and waves. I smirk and wave back, "Hey, anything interesting?" Fell smiles and leans back, "The oh-so-interesting villain monologue before he gets his butt kicked. How exciting."

Papyrus is actually relaxing or maybe even dozing off. He's got his head laid back against the couch with an arm over his eye sockets. I sit next to him. I guess it must've startled him because Boss flinches and takes a deep breath in, "... hey.." He moves his arm so that he can see me. I bend over, my face inches above his. I laugh and reply, "Hi Pap. You feeling okay?"

Sans' pupils suddenly shrink and he actually looks shocked or scared.

'Did I do something weird? Was it something I said?'

Papyrus' face glows completely red and he turns away from me, pouting like a babybones, "I'm fine." Sans switching from looking at me, then Papyrus. It's almost like he's expecting something to happen. I sit up and watch him do this continuously for almost an entire minute. I arch an eyebrow while asking, "Sans? Are you okay?"

He looks at his jacket and pulls his hood over his head, "It's nothin', watch the movie." I shrug, "Okay then."

I flinch when I sense pressure with my bandaged hand. I look down to see Boss cupping his hand around the back of mine, his thumb tracing across my bandaged palm. He sits up and leans close to me, asking in a quiet voice, "What happened to your hand?"

I mumble, "Something sharp was sticking out of the first aid kit. I didn't notice in time before I accidentally cut it. Don't worry about it." I feel my face heat up like crazy. Papyrus sighs and pulls me closer to his side, "You should be more careful." I intertwine my fingers with his, making him blush and glance at me in surprise. I look down at my lap while whispering, "I'll be more cautious. It won't happen again."