~Bonus Episode!~

Writer~San: Hello again! If you're returning because I was supposed to get these bonus chapters done once I hit 500 followers, thank you so much for reading! Writing this one, it seems like I'll hit 600 followers before I finish. X'D I gotta hurry! Lol. Enjoy your reading and thank you so much for 500 followers~ uwu
.
.
(~Your POV~)
[-After Book Ending-]

I had just finished tidying up the house when the whole place shook, scaring me. It was the result of Papyrus coming in and slamming the front door as he usually did. I take a deep breath and put away the broom, calling out, "Welcome home!"

All I got was a aggravated grunt. As I approached from the bedroom and into the living room, I see him stomp into the kitchen. His raspy voice was loud and intimidating as he snapped, "What's for dinner?!" "Actually, I.. I was thinking we could go out somewhere today.. Y'know, to celebrate you getting a new job recently and-" "THEY FIRED ME, Y/N! COULDN'T YOU TELL?!"

(Readers: Hold up- I diDn'T sIgN up foR THiS!
.
Writer~San: *wheeze* Me neither, Imma keep writing though. Cya- *vanish*)

Papyrus was in the next room over, but the loud sound still made me jump.

'Crap.. That's the third one this month. I thought..'

I sigh softly, murmuring, "I thought this time would be different." Papyrus walks out of the kitchen and throws himself back onto the couch, angrily rubbing his temples.

Not all human businesses are lenient to hiring monsters yet. Monsters who work their hardest are fortunate enough to get jobs. On the other hand, they can get it taken away just as easily as a castle made of cards falling over with a simple breeze. Still, Edge's impulsive behavior doesn't necessarily give the best impression either.

Timidly, I approach him. Unfortunately my attempt was immediately shut down. I want to comfort him, but he gives me a glare. My anxiety shoots through the roof and I take a step back.

'Maybe it'd be better if I gave him his distance for now... He doesn't need me.'

I've seen the glare on all of my previous masters. Seeing it meant that it was crucial I stayed my distance or else I would get seriously hurt. Well, Edge has never hit me or anything like that. It's just my problem, an old habit. "Pap, I feel terrible that this keeps happening to you. I really do, but maybe you need to try being a bit more friendly with your coworkers instead of micromanaging them. You're not captain of a Royal Guard anymore-"

He interrupts me with a loud huff, sitting straight up and raising his voice, "It is not my fault they are all completely incapable of being worthy of my greatness. YOU KNOW WHAT?! At least I'm trying to do something! I don't see you trying to get a job. For Asgore's sake, you can't even have dinner ready when I get home!"

'There's no point in trying to keep the secret now. He's upset with you.'

"Your brother and Frisk reserved a table for us at that fancy Italian place you like. I'm supposed to bring you there and.... It was supposed to be a surprise." I murmur, turning away from him. A long silence hung over us both. I can't even convince myself to look at him. Papyrus sighs tiredly as he stands up.

"I suppose we should get on our way then. What about my suits?"
.
"All cleaned and pressed. I hung them in order by manufacturer and occasion just how you like it."
.
"The house?"
.
"All cleaned. I even fixed that finicky lock on the back door."

I really hoped that my soulmate would notice the new dress (or suit/2-piece outfit/etc.) I was wearing. I stepped a little out of my comfort zone. I've been insecure of my body for so long, but in this outfit.... Things felt different. I feel nice. Of course, the other opinion that matters most to me, is his.