03

Written by Czary

CHAPTER 3

Rendered speechless. 

Song Joong Ki's mouth left ajar, a crease visible on his forehead, thoughts running through his mind while his eyes chased the running figure until it disappeared as it made a hasty left turn towards the staircase

“Wha—wait! Miss!” Joong Ki let out a somewhat confused yell. He knew his shouts wouldn't be heard anyway. 

“Did she just?”

'Yes, she did.' His mind answering his verbal questions. 

“I swear I heard—” 

'Yes, you did. Weren't you just on the other side of the door?!' His mind scolds him. 

“Song Joong Ki—” 

'Yes! That's your name you moron!’

“She said so many—”

'Then go ask her!' 

Joong Ki was left feeling unsure. It certainly did not help conversing with his mind, and the fact that the steel door is still hanging open only replayed the words he heard in his head. 

It was not the first time, of course—to be ambushed by a girl, or to receive a letter, an anonymous gift, or to come to campus one day and see his face in a banner for all to see— asking him to be some girl's date, but this unexpected encounter felt, different. 

'No, not different.' A voice in him said. It was 'unreal.'

“Yes,” Joong Ki spoke to himself. 

It was ‘disorienting,’ the voice in his mind added. 

“Yes,” Joong Ki muttered, as he moved his right hand to the fabric of his sweatshirt, right where his chest is, feeling the sudden strong beats of his heart. Something definitely got iffy, and he didn't know why.

***

“Ugh!” Jeon Yeo Been swallows the stale potato chip anyway. She re-opened the bag of chips that was her dinner last night after going back to her dorm.  She'd finished her 4-hour work shift at a diner a few blocks away from Inzaghi University.

‘Such a pity if this goes to waste,’ Yeo Been continues. Satiating her afternoon hunger, placing the chip into her mouth, one piece at a time. Her gaze, blank, to her surrounding, as she slowly consumes the now chewy snack. She was heavily lost in her thoughts.

‘Stupid Beenie!’ Yeo Been frowned. Her mind assessing yesterday's mishap.

‘How can you not sense there was another person behind the door?’ A hand placing another chip in her mouth.