02

Some people will leave you soon no matter how, but it's not the end of your story, it's just the ending of their role in your story. cause life goes on, and you should just expect damage from others.”

Marouane LAASSAFAR

Written by Czary and Kei

CHAPTER 2

Oh it was meant to be. It just wasn't meant to last.

That was what everyone kept on saying after they heard the rumors. Song Joong Ki, the campus prince, broke up with the campus queen, Song Hye Kyo. Just like their dating rumors, the break-up rumors spread like wildfire throughout the whole campus. 

There were a lot of reactions, which the two people paid no mind to. A lot of students were saddened by the news but just like before, they can't do anything about it.

Was it just a rumor? 

It was confirmed one day, when Joong Ki went to school alone, looking sad and the news of Hye Kyo going to the US spread throughout the whole campus.

It seems like the whole Inzaghi University loves rumors, especially when it comes to someone they consider as a student celebrity.

Months passed by quickly and the rumor died. It was like a bubble that disappeared into the thin air. No one questioned why the perfect couple broke up, no one knows the real reason. 

There were no rumors to talk to, so the students went back to their daily routine. 

Jeon Yeo Been walks in solitude, aimlessly as she was currently crossing out every known spot in the campus in her mind. She wanted to be alone, away from judging eyes that seem to be her constant ever since she moved to Inzaghi University. She was, after all, from Gangneung, a silent province in South Korea. 

Her otherwise simple life changed when she received the scholarship grant notice from the opulent university. Her father had one desire, and that was for her to graduate from said institution as this was her father's very frustration. Being the good daughter and only child that she is, Yeo Been heeded to her father’s request and applied to Inzaghi under the sponsorship of a scholarship grant. 

But life is cruel. Her father dies, just as she had recently received her grant. Mr. Hong Yu Chan, who was secretly concealing his chronic illness from his daughter, dies, just a few weeks before Yeo Been moves into the student dormitory of Inzaghi University or IU as students call it, fondly calling it the same as the stage name of a big shot female celebrity in South Korea. 

“In a few weeks, you're finally on your own. Little Miss Independent,” Mr. Hong Yu Chan encourages Yeo Been. 

“I don't know Dad, but this,” Yeo Been points to herself, moving her right hand, emphasizing her hair, her face, her oversized shirt and jogging pants, “this, I mean, me, doesn't necessarily go well with big city university life.”

“Why not? You're loud, you're very expressive,  overly theatrical when you want to, talented—”

“Are those even compliments?” Yeo Been interjected. 

“You never let me finish, as I was saying, you're smart, brave and most of all, you're tenacious. So just be yourself and let no one tell you otherwise.”

This was one of her last conversations with her father, one that she continuously replayed in her mind, like it was on loop. And even when she has her father in mind to convince her to move forward and fulfill his dreams for her, IU has proven to be challenging, and unforgiving.