05

Written by Czary and Kei

Chapter 5

It was like a scene out of a movie.

The room was wrapped in awkward silence. Each member of the Jipuragi Drama Club was caught up in their own bubble of thought. Nam Joo-sung was busy crafting his paper airplane, assigning names to each one. Across the room, Miri was staring blankly at her piano, contemplating if she should press the keys or not. Yeon-jin, looking serious, was sitting on the corner of the room, and was reading a book upside down, throwing glances towards the ‘so-called’ star in the room. Larry Kang, President of the club, was busy reading the script he wrote, all the while, doing some weird gestures that no one could understand. And lastly, Jeon Yeo Been who was seated on the far corner, was trying to focus on reading her script and failing miserably. Yeo Been was debating with herself once again. She thought that by now, the air of awkwardness between her and Joong Ki should have been lifted. And it did two nights ago when the famous Joong Ki came with her to work, stayed, and walked her home. They bid their goodbyes, like old friends do, only Joong Ki looked like he wanted to ‘linger.’

 ‘Wait? Surely, he wasn’t waiting for her to offer him ramyeon right?’ But as the awkwardness was lifted, it decided to make its presence again.

Obviously, she HAS to talk to him because their first scene would be—she tightly closed her eyes, then opened it again and meaningfully looked towards Larry Kang. ‘I swear Larry, you and your cheesy story…’ In her mind, Yeo Been thinks of a hundred and one ways to make Larry suffer. Thanks to him, Yeo Been is in for Humiliation Round 2. Yeo Been looked back at the script, hissing in annoyance, placing her hand against the wall, bumping her head against it. ‘Bumping,’ yes, ‘bumping to each other’—exactly the scene Larry wrote, the first scene was the very definition of ‘cliche’. Reading it only made Jeon Yeo Been roll her eyes.

‘The name of the female protagonist was Lee Eun-jung, a beautiful nursing student

‘The name of the female protagonist was Lee Eun-jung, a beautiful nursing student. The male protagonist was named Yoo Shi-Jin, a handsome engineering student. Their first meeting was in the hallway of the Ragusang Building.’ 

‘Hm, typical intro,’ Yeo Been thought, before she continued. 

The more she read Larry’s script, the more she wished that they were doing Nam’s story instead. Yeo Been recalled Nam’s story: the introduction scene was so lit! It was literally on fire. Nam chose an anti-hero protagonist named Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian Mafia Consigliere. And this lead character just burned down the whole of Emilio’s grape vineyard. ‘Ah, how wonderful it could be to have someone like Vincenzo by her side, if only, BUT that’s NOT the script, is it? Aish!’ She shook her head to stop herself from daydreaming. ‘On with the script!’

‘Lee Eun-jung bumped into Yoo Shi-jin. Their bodies crashing to each other, a collision of two worlds, bringing two hearts unexpectedly. Lee Eun-jung lost her footing; just as she was about to fall, Yoo Shi-jin grabbed her by the waist while she held onto his neck. Time stopped as they stared at each other. It was at that moment when strange feelings crept in. It felt warm and fuzzy, unfamiliar yet pleasant, new and comforting. This was their first meeting.’