10

JeonKi edit by yours truly:

JeonKi (not edited):

CHAPTER 10

Room 0707.

She was standing in front of the room, unable to find the courage to open the door. She feels like if she opens it, something will change and she’s not ready for it. She bit her lower lip and remembered everything that happened from the past. The mild headaches that they paid no mind because they thought that it was natural; everyone can suffer from a headache and the pain will subside afterwards. The nausea, the ringing in his ears, the blurring of his vision, the time when he lost control of his leg; it came to her like a wave, rushing to her mind. It was not all natural.

They should have taken everything seriously.

But regretting it now, will not help them. Their time together was blissful, their moments were something spectacular and she will happily reminisce about it always. And she’s afraid that one day, those happy moments will just be in her memories and she will be left with nothing but those memories. She closed her eyes, silently saying in her mind that “Everything will be alright.” She repeated it, saying it over and over again like a mantra, hoping for something good to happen in order to comfort her chaotic mind. She sighed heavily and decided to open the door. She grasped and turned the doorknob with her hand, the cold metal touched her skin. The door creaked a little and she fully opened it. She entered the room and closed the door behind her. The hospital room was cold, the coldness sent shivers down to her spine. She slightly trembled and made her way to the large bed. She held her breath when she saw him, lying on the white bed, his eyes closed, his skin and lips were pale. He was peacefully sleeping. She walked towards him and she slowly sat on the chair beside the bed, doing her best not to make a sound that would wake him up.

‘A modern sleeping beauty.’ She sadly smiled. Her man was lying on the bed and she’s thinking funny about him. ‘What a good girlfriend you are, Beenie.’ She looked at him, drowning herself with the image of his pale handsome face. She gulped, she’s doing her best not to shed a tear because crying will not help her, it will not help Joong Ki. She remembered her conversation with Mr. Tak.