04

Written by Czary

CHAPTER 4

“Good afternoon Ma'am. Is this the Jipuragi Drama Club? I read that you guys are looking for members, I would like to join. I'm Song Joong Ki by the way.” 

‘Oh shit.’

‘He’s actually here.’

‘Oh shit.’

‘What do I do?’

‘Oh—’

“Oh hello!” Mrs. Kwak says pleasantly, taking in Joong Ki's form, circling around him, looking at him from head to toe. “You're here to sign up for the club?”

“Yes, ma’am.” 

Miri clenched Yeo Been’s arm. “Beenie, Song Joong Ki is here.” Stating the obvious in a hushed tone, tilting her head to the side, her gaze never leaving the sight before her. “He’s really here!”

Yeo Been couldn't believe her eyes either. She was panicking in anticipation of an impending embarrassment. Every word she remembered saying on the rooftop instantly hitting her like a wave. Was he really joining the club? Surely, he decided on it without any of yesterday's events having to do with it, right? 

“And how did you find out about this club?” 

“I found your flyer in the G.B. rooftop, well, on the staircase, on my way down, I found it together with this.” Soong Ki produces a stick with a stuffed bunny head on the end. 

Larry Kang finally gasped, vacuuming air after what seemed like minutes of suspended breathing. Nam and Chulwook didn't fare better either. While they weren't ‘ogling’ like Yeon-jin, whom Chulwook effectively blocked from getting a view by towering his shoulders, they instantly knew that this Joong Ki guy is the alpha. And since he so willingly came to Jipuragi, he must really want to get in, whatever the reason is. A  clever thought across Nam and Chulwook formed. They have the upper hand! Oh how cool that would be if Chulwook, Nam and this Joong Ki guy walked across the corridors on their way to Drama Club practice, side by side, the ‘Drama Boys,’ the campus would call them. The clever idea formed as the two exchanged knowing looks.  

“A bunny stick! How cute,” Mrs. Kwak interrupting everyone's musing. 

“Ah yes. I would like to return this to Ms. Beenie.” Joong Ki casually looked at Yeo Been’s direction, throwing her a gentle smile. 

‘So he heard everything. Oh sh—’

Joong Ki raised his arm, offering the bunny stick. “I believe this is yours, Beenie.”

Now Yeo Been understood what the phrase ‘a deer caught in headlights’ meant. 

The feeling of being caught in extreme surprise, and confusion. And literally too, since everyone’s eyes felt like headlights, she even saw Nam taking his glasses off from her peripheral view. They were waiting for what would happen next. 

“Uh, that's not mine,” Yeo Been answered nonchalantly. Yes. Smooth. You go, Beenie. 

“I see. But I saw some initials written here.” Joong Ki showing the small letters written in black ink. Each followed by a period.

J.Y.B.

B