06 (PART 01)

CHAPTER 6

“Aish…” Miri said in a sleep-deprived protest.  She has been watching her friend Yeo Been pace back and forth for the last 30 minutes. ‘Why am I here again?’ She asked herself. Miri was lazily slouched on a royal purple coloured couch in Yeo Been’s room. Her eyes, fighting a losing battle to stay open as her body screams to go back to bed as well. The only part of her that’s happily awake is her cupid-induced brain who at the moment tries to humor her friend, who, at the unholy hour of 6 in the morning, on a weekend no less, is already a bundle of nerves.

 The only part of her that’s happily awake is her cupid-induced brain who at the moment tries to humor her friend, who, at the unholy hour of 6 in the morning, on a weekend no less, is already a bundle of nerves

Miri hugs her friend’s pink teddy bear, as she recalls receiving a call from Yeo Been at 5 in the morning, asking her to come to her dorm building. She frowns at the thought. Her precious beauty rest disturbed. Yeo Been better be in a life-threatening situation to interrupt her sleep. Finally she answered her 10th call and here she is, responding to her ‘emergency call’.

“What should I wear, Miri?” Yeo Been finally stopped pacing, this time facing her friend, scowling. “Yah! This is your fault! If you hadn’t suggested the pairings, you wouldn't be here, and I wouldn't be having this problem. Ugh!” She emphasized her last words by dramatically falling to the floor.

Uh—uh.’ Miri thought while raising her eyebrows. She just watched her friend do her theatrics. ‘If you only knew Beenie, everyone in the club signed up for this, well except for that one newcomer, Ahn, who, I shall investigate later, hmmm.’ Miri’s eyes narrowing at the thought.

“Miri!” 

“What?!” 

“What should I wear to our rehearsal?!” Yeo Been desperately asked.

“Rehearsal eh? Is that what Mr. Song invited you for?” Miri can’t help but smirk. Her dense friend still hasn’t caught on. Ofcourse, Joong Ki tells her it’s a rehearsal. But obviously it was a date. Miri rolled her eyes before sighing.

“Beenie, stand up.” Miri took Yeo Been’s arms, pulling her from the floor. “Go wash yourself so that you can prepare. I’ll help you,” she said reassuringly.

***

“Uhm— I think this is a little overdressed, Miri,” Yeo Been said while looking at herself in the mirror. She felt a little too exposed. The one Miri picked for her was unlike any of the clothes she would normally wear. It was a teal green strap dress with leaf pattern prints that ran a few inches below her knee. The straps clung to her shoulder in a ribbon, accentuating her shoulders and neck while a similar strap on the middle is tied at the back to outline her small waist. The colour of the dress, furthermore, compliments her long natural dark brown hair.