5- Someone new has caught his eye.

y/n's house, monday morning

Waking up to the sunlight dancing across your skin, you wore a comfortable smile. The weather couldn't be anymore perfect for my first day.

Without even looking at your phone, you entered your en-suite bathroom and took a long shower before returning, smelling and looking 100x more appealing.

You put your uniform on carefully, ensuring not to crease anything, and walked downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Mom, can you drop me off???" you asked your mother, who was making fruit smoothies in the kitchen.
"Of course darling, go and say bye to your father- I'll be in the Porsche." she nodded, grabbing a key from the glass cabinet.

After saying goodbye to your father, you hurried into the car and was on your way to Nekoma High School for the first time since your induction.

kenma's house:

"Kenma! You're going to be late, don't you have morning volleyball practice?!" his mother called.

"I'm tired." Kenma groaned, covering his face with his blanket.

"For someone who claims they only need 4 hours of sleep to function, you aren't functioning well. Get up! Now!" she sassed him.
"That's not what I said." the boy mumbled, pulling the blanket off in irritation and dragging his feet to the bathroom.

10 minutes later Kenma was downstairs and grabbed an apple from the counter before shouting a goodbye to his mother who was bounding down the stairs.

"Did you not prepare yourself a bento last night? Where's your lunch?" she asked, putting her jacket on in a rush.

"We don't have rice or any salmon, I'd rather you used the nori to make something later anyway."
"Shit, I thought I bought rice! I'll get extra groceries on my way back from work and make you a nice big dinner when I get home! What about a sandwich? I bought bread." his mother exclaimed.
"It's fine, I'm gonna be late if I start doing that now. Bye mom." Kenma waved her off before stepping into the warm outside air.

Shoving his hands in his pockets and pulling out his earplugs, Kenma clicked "shuffle" on his Spotify and turned up the volume of his music.

Soon enough, he was met by Kuroo who was leaned against a graffitied wall, texting someone on his phone.
"Kenma!" he smiled, at the sight of his friend.
"Morning Kuro, you look happy." the smaller boy observed.

"Same old same old. We have that practice match against Fukurodani on Wednesday!"

"We do?"

"We do! Kenmaaa, we talked about it on Friday after practice!" Kuroo pouted.

"...we did?" Kenma asked, scratching the back of his head, hoping to remember.
"We did! Pay attention next time." Kuroo sighed.

Upon the boys' arrival at school, they were met by a pristine black Porsche sitting at the entrance of the courtyard."
"Nice damn car that is." Kuroo pointed.
Kenma looked up and his eyes widened slightly in recognition, ready to scurry away, when a loud "Kozume-chan!" was heard.

"Fuck." he grumbled.
"That's your name is it not...?" Kuroo said.
"You think." Kenma sighed before walking up to the car and facing level to the window.

"Kozume-chan! How are you?" your mother smiled at the boy.
"I'm okay y/n-sama, I hope you're well." Kenma nodded politely.
"Very! As it's y/n's first day, would it be a bother for you to show her to reception so she can collect her timetable?" your mother asked.