4- Stalking me now are we?

outside of y/n's house:

"Kenma, come on, we're going to the car." his mother spoke, tugging at his sleeve.
The boy just sighed, the tugging had caused him to die in the game he was playing. He nodded a goodbye towards your own mother before proceeding to walk towards his parental car.

"Kenma, did you make friends with y/n? I was told that she played volleyball for (your current school name)! Isn't that exciting?"
"She plays volleyball?" Kenma asked, almost curiously.
"Indeed! Maybe she'll join the girls team..." his mother began.

Kenma slumped into his seat and began to think about you. He never would've thought you played volleyball, although, you were quite charismatic- he assumed you would be the team's main source of spirit.

The boy leaned his head against the window and endured the bumpy journey back to his home.

y/n's house:

"Y/n!! Your uniform has arrived, come and try it on!" your mother called.
You ran back downstairs and peered at the large parcels containing clothing and sighed.
This better fit.

(timeskip to the next evening)

"Goodnight honey." your father spoke from his office.
"Goodnight dad, night mom!" you yelled, blowing kisses in their direction before jogging back upstairs with your arms full of freshly ironed uniform, courtesy of your mother.

You sectioned your hair in half and did two (french plaits/cornrows) until the end of your hair in order for your hair to (be/remain) (wavy/curly) the following day, before crawling into your bed and double-checking that you had your alarm set for tomorrow before switching off your bedside lamp.

kenma's house:

"Kenma, I'm going to sleep- I have another early job tomorrow!" the setter's mother said.
"Okay, sleep well." Kenma replied, before putting his headphones on and signing into his playstation account.

As soon as he was on Call of Duty he waited for Kuroo, Lev and Yamamoto to join the lobby.
Once all their mics were on and they were playing together, having a good time, Kenma began to feel tired. He was never normally tired at this time.

Kuroo's voice snapped him out of it.
"Hey guys." he spoke apprehensively.

"Yeah?" Lev and Yamamoto asked simultaneously. Kenma just made a grunting noise.

"I think I'm gonna break up with Cynthia." he confessed.

"Why?" and other similar questions were asked towards the boy.

"I'm pretty sure she's cheating on me." Kuroo replied.
"What makes you think that?" Kenma finally asked his bestfriend.

"She lies about where she's going to me constantly and turns her snap maps off only for me when she's out. Then she's always getting phone calls from other people that she claims to be her parents calling but if it were her parents calling then she would normally let me greet them and she hasn't been doing that."

"How long has this been going on for?" Kenma inquired.
"Three or so weeks now, I know it's not long but it's been bugging me for a while now." Kuroo sighe.
"That's really long Kuro, don't try and dampen it down..." his bestfriend spoke.

"You should go over to hers right now, it's only 9." Lev suggested.
"She's probably not even at home, her snap maps are off for me right now."

"I'll check." Yamamoto offered.

Moments later, he began to read out an address, "12 beech walk... she's near the train station next to the bubble tea store."
Loud rustling was heard.
"Are you gonna go there?" Kenma asked.
"Why the fuck not? She should have nothing to hide right? Anyone can walk into that store coincidentally, right?"

"Kuro don't. Just in case you see something you don't want to see, it'll hurt more with your own eyes. I'll go." Kenma said, noticing that his bestfriend had already started getting angry.

"You'll tell me if she's with someone else right?" Kuroo asked quietly.
"Of course I will. Bye." Kenma sighed out, standing up and switching off his console.

Soon enough, Kenma was only inches away from the small bubble tea cafe that Yamamoto mentioned and put his hood up, tightening his hoodie strings.
He walked straight in and walked up to the counter and ordered one small and one large bubble tea for himself and Kuroo.

He planned to go to Kuroo's house regardless afterwards.
He walked through the small cafe, and immediately spotted Cynthia with another guy that Kenma didn't recognise.

Did he even go to Nekoma?

Kenma quickly sat down in fear of being recognised and began to bounce his leg in discomfort, praying to himself that it was just her cousin or something.

"Your teas." the waitress spoke from behind Kenma, causing him to turn around and face the direction of Cynthia yet again.
"Thankyou." Kenma smiled, slipping a small tip to the waitress.

Despite not being the most wealthy, Kenma always made a point to give nice people tips. It was a habit at this point.

"Babe!" Kenma heard Cynthia gasp out, giggling erratically.

Kenma almost gagged at the sound of their pitchy voices and slightly threw up in his mouth at the sight of the two speaking, nose to nose.
'What if one of their breath stank?' Kenma asked himself.

Turning around once more, the setter saw the two kissing and could no longer compose himself.

He walked up to their table and spat a "that's disgusting for someone who has a boyfriend." to the brunette, who sat there with little clips in her hair.
She wore a face of pure shock and opened her mouth to speak but Kenma just walked away, it wasn't his relationship.

As soon as the boy arrived at Kuroo's house he knocked on the door and waited, soggy brown bag in one hand and phone in the other.

"So?" Kuroo asked expectantly.
"Let me come in first, the bag is about to break." Kenma deflected, pointing at the soaking bag.

"Just take the drinks out." Kuroo said in a rushed manner, ripping the bag in half and removing the contents from it, setting both drinks on the table ahead of him.

"Kenma! How are you? How's your mom?" Kuroo's mom smiled, approaching the smaller boy.
"I'm okay thankyou Kuroo-san, she's fine aswell." he nodded, giving a half-hearted smile back before Kuroo's mom retreated back upstairs.

"Kenma. Spill."

"She was with someone else. I thought it may have been a cousin, but... they kissed." Kenma confessed.
Kuroo just stood there, rage filling his eyes before going slightly glossy.

"I'm sorry Kuro." Kenma offered awkwardly.
Kuroo remained silent, a single tear dripping down to his feet.

Kenma felt extremely bad and almost responsible for Cynthia's actions. He didn't really know what to do so he walked towards Kuroo and embraced his bestfriend in a long hug. For someone that disliked physical contact, Kuroo must've been touched by the sudden contact and let out quiet cries into Kenma's back.

(timeskip to two hours or so later)

Kuroo's house:

Kuroo remained sitting in his living room just as he was before Kenma took his leave.

School was tomorrow and he would face Cynthia again, he wasn't looking forward to it in the slightest. Jealousy oozes out of him so easily.

Opening Instagram, his eyes lingered on one profile in particular, y/n l/n. 'Who was she? She must've scrolled through all my posts for her to have liked that one of me and Cynthia right?' Kuroo thought to himself.

Without hesitation he opened dm's and formed a message to y/n: "Stalking me now are we? ;)" and clicked send.