9- Move your hand

Kenma POV:

Lesson had ended and it was break-time. Yet, I couldn't catch a break because I was being forced to give a tour to L/n.

I had no problem with her but, I never had pleasant experiences when interacting with people that were like... three social classes above me.

"Hey Kozume-kun!" her voice called.

"L/n, hi." I greeted.

"I'm really excited for my tour! This means you're in the majority of my classes too right?" she asked, with a smile on her face.

I had never really thought about that, I just assumed the tour guide was randomly assigned.

"Maybe. Can I see your schedule?" I asked.

She nodded and pulled it out of her bag.

I noticed it was a Dior bag as she handed the laminated sheet of paper to me.

We really did pretty much have identical schedules. But she was in class B for all the sciences, I was in class A.

"We have the same classes, except for Sciences, I'm one class above." I told her, handing her back the sheet of paper.

"What?? I'm in class B? I aced my final exams in my last school." she pouted, looking really disappointed in herself.

"Hey don't sweat it, it's a different education system- maybe they're trying to play it safe." I attempted to reassure her, but she still looked upset about it.

"I want to speak to the principal to ask why I was put in a low class." she said.

"Class B isn't a low class, if you were put in class C it would make more sense to question it." I told her.

"Fine." she shrugged, putting the sheet back in her bag with a glum expression.

What was the big deal? I was in Class C for two good months before getting promoted to Class B and then A.

Maybe her parents would be mad? Was that why she cared so much?

"You still want the tour right?" I asked her.

"Yeah." she nodded.

"Okay, lets start from your locker, follow me." I said as I started walking.

She followed, hot on my heels, and we walked silently.

I hope she wasn't waiting for me to initiate conversation. I sucked at that.

We made it to the set of lockers that included her own and pointed at a particular one, "A24!! That's mine!" she smiled.

"Cool. Set the combination to something else, 0000 is a bit obvious."

"Oh right, thanks!" she said, fiddling with the lock.

I leant on the locker beside her and pulled my phone out as a notification came through.

I chuckled at the cat meme Shoyō sent me.

"Ha-ha, laugh at the new girl" y/n spoke.

I turned to look at her, "Huh? Oh you're done."

"No, I didn't even unlock the stupid thing in the first place, 0000 wasn't working!" she grumbled, pulling at the lock.

"Move your hand, let me do it." I said, pocketing my phone.

"What?" she asked.

"I said I'll do it for you." I shrugged.

"No, before that."

I thought for a moment, "Move your hand?"

She raised an eyebrow.

I blinked, "Uh... please?"

Jeez I didn't peg her as insistent on mannerisms when I was doing the favour for her.

She mumbled something and giggled to herself.

I just ignored her and unlocked the padlock, "You can reset it now."

"Thanks Kenma-chan." she smiled deviously.

What the hell?

I started walking down the corridor, "Cooking, Art and Music is on this floor. These first five are cooking rooms. These next seven are Art rooms. These four are Music rooms. The two here are spare study rooms- not placed very well, the musicians are loud. The two on the opposite side are toilets, one for males, the other for females, the mixed toilet is near the entrance by your locker, opposite another set of male and female toilets. Let's go upstairs."

"So many rooms." Y/n commented.

"I guess."

"Okay this is the STEM floor. These first six are science rooms. Biology, then Chemistry, then Physics. Forensics only has this one room- but it's big I guess. There are four Computer labs here, two engineering rooms. The next nine along here are math rooms, four here, five on that side."

The rest of the tour went just like this. We would walk through the corridors, I'd explain what was on the floors and Y/n would peek through the glass to see if I was telling the truth or something.

After she realised I wasn't lying, she would make a comment like, "This room is massive." or "I'm going to get lost."

Break was almost over so we started heading towards the science rooms. It was Chemistry in this period.

"Ugh class B. I can't believe it." she frowned, glancing at the line of people outside of her class.

I didn't recognise many of them.

Correction- I didn't recognise any of them.

I wasn't surprised, it wasn't like I made a point of meeting new people.

Nevertheless I caught her gaze and said, "It'll be fine, easy enough to move up if you do great in tests."

"Okay fine." she shrugged, stepping into the room.

As I began to walk to my own class, I noticed Kuroo jogging up to me.

We hadn't properly spoken since he insulted my family after practice.

Yes he apologised, but still.

"Hey man!" he said, with a cheery grin.

"Hi." I greeted, readying myself to walk past, but he stopped in front of me.

"Kenmaa, have you forgiven me yet?" he pouted.

I rolled my eyes at his puppy-like expression, "Don't do that, you're grown."

"Is that a yes?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Whatever. I'm gonna be late." I shrugged, walking around him, stepping into my classroom.