8 - Persistent female dragon

Upon arrival at the principal's office, you knocked on the door, waiting for a response.

"Come in!" A male voice spoke.

You opened the door without wasting a second and looked into the room, it was gorgeous, very well designed for an office.

"Welcome to Metropolitan Nekoma High School! Your name is L/n Y/n if I am correct?" The man asked, gesturing for you to sit down on the chair in front of his desk.

"Yes that is correct, it's lovely to meet you in person." you said, bowing slightly, before taking a seat.

"And you as well, I am aware that you're an international student, and have been completing your studies from England, where the education system is slightly different, but I'm sure you'll be just as outstanding in this school too- provided that you are always trying your best and staying up to date with your assignments." he reassured you, to which you nodded at, your grades were flawless.

"The last thing that you will be hearing from me is of your tour guide. It will be another second year student like you, who should be in the majority of your classes. Let me just check who it is on the system." He spoke, tapping away at his keyboard, "Oh that's right, Kozume should be arriving any moment now."

Your heart dropped. There could be 100 different Kozume's in this school, but you really hoped it wasn't the one you thought it was.

There was a knock on the door and a few seconds later, it was opened.

"Kozume-san! This is the new student that you'll be touring during your break time. You two can get acquainted and L/n, if you have any questions, be sure to ask Kozume. I do have a meeting now so please excuse yourselves."

You both left the office silently and you evaded eye contact with the boy, as if this morning hadn't been awkward enough.

"What?" the blonde boy asked. You could feel him staring at you.

"I didn't say anything."

"Exactly, you always have something to say." he responded.

"Rude." you said, glaring at him in annoyance.

"Let's just go to class. We have English, I'll do the tour after." he shrugged, turning around and walking off.

You checked your timetable. He was right, you did have English, but how did he know?

"How did you know?" you asked, catching up with him.

"Principal." he replied, "We're making a pitstop by the way. I need to put this in my locker." he said, waving the hand with his gym bag in it slightly.

"Where's my locker?" you asked.

"Should be on your printed schedule. The default code is 0000, so make sure you change it." he said, stopping at his own locker.

You scrambled through your handbag, looking for your paper schedule. Where was it? It was just a tiny piece of paper. There was a pink laminated sheet in your bag that you hadn't put in there. It was your schedule, handwritten by your mother, locker number written along the bottom too.

What a queen.

"My locker is A24." you told the boy.

"That's closer to the entrance, we'll go past it during the tour okay?"

You nodded, catching a glimpse of what was inside his locker before he closed it.

There were a couple of stickers of skateboards and volleyballs, but the thing that stood out the most was a picture of two black haired little boys, one with spiky hair that was holding a volleyball whilst grinning, and one with straight hair that was slightly shorter and looked uninterested.

"Was that Kuroo, and you... in your locker?" you asked him hesitantly.

"Yeah, we were like 8."

"Ahhh so cute!" you smiled.

Kenma gave you a deadpan expression and you giggled.

Upon arriving to class, you introduced yourself again and felt Kenma's eyes on you the entire time. It was kind of making you nervous, and you were never nervous.

You went to sit down and his gaze was still on you, although, you sat directly in front of him in this class, so you couldn't just turn around and start trying to read him. All you knew was that he was chewing peppermint flavoured gum, you could smell it.

You hated peppermint.

During the class, there were many opportunities for conversing with people around you. A girl with dark hair turned around to face you immediately.

"Hello. I'm Ito Tatsuo- but just call me Tatsuo. You're actually very pretty up close." she said, coolly, watching your facial expression.

"Thankyou! So are you!" you responded, and you weren't just saying it to be nice- she was stunning.

She had long black hair that was dead straight.

Her skin was as white as a sheet with not a single imperfection to be seen.

Her eyes were an olive green with blueish looking hues in them.

She had high cheekbones and everything about her face was completely and absolutely symmetrical.

How could someone be crafted so perfectly?

"L/n is a cool name. What does it mean?" the girl asked you, her gaze was enchanting.

"Umm something to do with abundance I think?" you replied, wracking your brain. You couldn't fully remember. "What does yours mean?"

"Tatsuo means female dragon. My family name is Ito, being the plant Wisteria, known for vigorous climbing and persistence." she spoke, twirling a lock of her hair around her index finger.

"Persistent female dragon? I would not want to get on your bad side." you joked.

"Correct." she smiled, turning back to her desk.

You found the entire interaction very strange, no one had ever asked you what your name meant before. You would have to ask your parents when you got home.

Another girl turned to you, she had curly blonde hair with bangs. She kind of looked like a lioness.

"Hi, I'm Nakamura Ichika. Is it your first day?" she asked.

Nakamura had deep brown eyes, with golden flecks in them and extremely voluminous eyelashes with a tiny heart drawn just below her left eye.

"Oh it's actually my second day, but nice to meet you!" you smiled.

"You too, I don't know why they still make new students do the whole introduction thing, I think it's dumb." she spoke, as if from experience.

"Did you have to do it?" you asked her.

"Yep, I joined about two months into first year, it was so awkward. They even made me do it for the clubs I was interested in."

"Ugh I feel your pain. Are you in any clubs now?" you questioned.

"Photography and the school blog. Everyone has to be in at least one club, until third year, that's when you're finally allowed to slack off with clubs because it's graduation year."

You nodded, "That's brutal."

Your phone buzzed and you immediately reached for your bag to check it out of habit.

"I would put that on silent if I were you, Shikichi-sensei is really particular about phones being on because he's ancient. Ooh, nice bag." she commented, looking at your multicolored Raffia Dior Book Tote.

"Thanks and thanks, I was about to say the same thing about yours." gesturing towards her Hermés Garden Party 36. That bag was about £3,000.

You took a quick glance backwards and Kozume was still looking at you.