10- Chemistry nerd

Kuroo POV:

I saw Kenma walking past my classroom and I know he had seen me but didn't say anything.

Why was he still annoyed?

It's not like I was trying to take a dig at him or disrespect his mother.
It just... came out.

Regardless, I was happy to see him- he was my best friend, so I waltzed up to him.

"Hey man!" I greeted, grinning at his expression.

He said a simple, "Hi." and avoided eye contact.

"Kenmaaa! Have you forgiven me yet?" I asked, putting my saddest puppy eyes on- hoping he'd give in.

Kenma rolled his eyes and said, "Don't do that. You're grown", to which I chuckled at- I won.... right?

"Is that a yes...?" I pressed.

"Whatever, I'm gonna be late." he said coldly. But I knew I had won, the slight grin on his lips meant that all had been forgiven. Some may even say swept under the rug!

Glad that things were fine with the both of us, I confidently walked into my class- Chemistry. Can this day get any better?

I walked to my regular seat and spotted a girl in the seat beside mine, it was usually empty- everyone knew I liked my personal space in this class.

"Well hello." I spoke to the girl as I sat.

She turned to face me, "Oh hi I'm-"

"Y/n." I grinned, finishing the sentence for her.

She rolled her eyes playfully, "Look who's stalking who now."

I turned to her with a puzzled expression, "This is my seat. Always has been. I think you're still the stalker kitten."

"I am not a stalker! And my name is Y/n, I'm not some household pet!"

I thought for a moment.

Why was she here?

This is a third year class.

She was a second year... right?

"Wait. I thought you were a second year." I said.

"I am..." she started, then looked around the room in horror, "are these all third years?"

I chuckled as I nodded, "Stalker."

"This must be a mistake. I knew I wasn't class B material. No offence." she said, quickly grabbing her bag and rushing to the front of the room, where the teacher sat- typing things on her computer.

I couldn't hear a thing they discussed but Y/n walked back, sitting beside me once again. The colour drained from her face.

"Stalker isn't leaving without putting up a fight?" I teased.

"This is my class. It's no accident." she stated.

"What?" I laughed, "So you're telling me you were to smart for the second year classes and so they put you in class B of third year classes? Not class D or even C, but class B?!"

"Everyone get last weeks homework sheets out for marking! Y/n, your desk partner will give you the notes for this topic- we've only just started it." the professor said, before changing the screen to a page of answers.

I pulled my homework out and took a red pen from Y/n's pencil case when I thought she wasn't looking.

"Hey, give that back later!" she snapped, "And apparently yes, that is the case."

I was astonished, she was really smart. Moving someone up three classes from the highest class in their year was not a common thing at Nekoma.

"I'm impressed y/n. But no chance you're smarter than me." I smirked.

"We're in the same class. Sure I am." she challenged.

"Mark my homework for me, since you have nothing to do. I'll get my notes out from last lesson for you." I shrugged.

"Fine." she said, swiping the book and snatching her pen back.

Cute.

She glanced back and forth between my work and the answers, with furrowed brows, putting a tick next to every single thing.

I grinned.

Y/N POV:

"Mark my homework for me, since you have nothing to do. I'll get my notes out from last lesson for you." he suggested.

I didn't see the harm in that.

"Fine." I nodded, sliding his book towards me and grabbing back my pen that he STOLE.

First answer was 2600 mols, Kuroo put down... 2600 mols. Tick.

Second answer was -31.7%, Kuroo put down... -31.7%. Tick.

Tick.
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.

One entire page of work, and he got every single thing correct?

Maybe it was a fluke, it was homework after all. Google exists.

I glanced over at him before sliding his book back to him.

He was annotating his notes for me, cross referencing the text book- then he looked at and smiled, "Thanks."

I nodded, but he didn't even look at his book.

"Aren't you gonna check what you got?" I asked.

"Nope, I already know what I got." he shrugged, doodling little faces on the corner of the page- before handing it to me, "The notes."

"How do you know?" I asked, "Oh, thanks."

"It's what I always get." he shrugged.

If he was so smart, he would be in class A, not class B- so I highly doubted it, but I didn't respond, I just looked at the notes he gave me.

Twelve pages of notes in one lesson.

"One lesson is one hour right?" I asked him.

"Yup." he said, popping the 'p'.

I felt tired just looking at it all.

I flipped through all of the sheets whilst the professor started speaking about something boring.

Just because I was good at Chemistry, didn't mean I was actually interested in the subject.

I looked at Kuroo, feeling the urge to ask him so many questions because I was incredulously bored.

But he was sat there. Mind completely in the zone. Writing away at the speed of light.

He actually put his hand up to answer questions.

He engaged with others viewpoints.

He even did an example on the board.

Kuroo Tetsurō, the alleged playboy and massive flirt, was a Chemistry nerd!