Moving Day

It had been a full 2 weeks since that day at Ryan's. Now that Georgia had a minute to think about what she was going to do, having Vinnie back didn't seem as bad as it used to. Yes, it would be uncomfortable. And yes, she would be forced to talk to the one person she hated most. But, together, her and Ryan figured out countless ways to avoid any real confrontation with the situation. Of course, all of that was thrown out the window when today arrived- moving day.

        John, although he was quite a few years younger than Georgia and Vinnie, was excited to meet the neighbors...again. He and Vinnie used to be really close and the move away couldn't have been easy on him either. He and Georgia's dad were planning to go help the Hackers move in. Meanwhile, Georgia stayed locked in her room, spying out the window with Ryan.

        "When are they getting here? I wanna see if this friend of yours is hot." Ryan whisper yelled.

        "God, I don't know. And will you quit asking if he's hot, that's not the point." she answered.

        "Hold on, why are we whispering if nobody can hear us?" Ryan began again, "Dude, the window isn't even open."

        "You can never be too cautious," Georgia whispered back.

        Just then, as if the universe knew her thoughts exactly, a little black Kia pulled into the driveway of the house next door. Gasping, Ryan and Georgia watched to see if anyone was going to get out. The driver's door opened and a woman with converse and dark skinny jeans stepped out. When Georgia could see her face, she realized that that was not Mrs. Hacker. 

        Maybe that's just someone helping them move...?

        Then, getting out of the passenger seat was a tall man who had dark, curly hair with bits of grey in it. Mr. Hacker. But, no Vinnie. 

        "Ugh it's not that old guy right? That's pretty sick George." she heard Ryan say next to her.

        "No it's not that old guy, jesus. That's his dad." 

        "Oh," Ryan said, "well I mean for a dad he's pretty-"

       "Nope. No, we are not doing that." Georgia cut her off.

        "Pshh you love dilfs."

        "Oh my god stop" 

        The two of them laughed for a while about how hot Mr. Hacker was, but even that couldn't distract Georgia from the uneasy feeling in her stomach. 

        I wish he'd just get here so I could stop worrying about it. Where was he anyway?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        "George! Can you come here for a second?" John yelled across the house.

        "For what?" she asked. There was no answer, "damnit, John, you suck." she said as she walked down to the kitchen where his voice came from.

        "Oh there you are, I see the monster has finally emerged from its cave." he greeted her.

        "Quit being such an asshole," she said back, "what do you want?"

        "Can you do my chores tonight? I...uh..I have a headache and can't do them tonight. All that moving furniture and stuff has really taken a toll on my body." he said, quickly trying to make something up.

        "Bullshit, John, you probably sat in the corner while everyone else did stuff for you. Do it yourself." Georgia said, turning away. But, she stopped abruptly when she heard him call after her.