The Window

(a/n)

well...this is late

it's been a whole ass week

but i promise this chapter makes up for it <3

~~~~~~~~~~~

        It was a cold summer morning. The frigid air wrapped around her body. Grasping for warmth, Georgia snuggled in closer to the pile of pillows next to her. Her eyes drifted closed again and she began to fall back into the deep sleep she came from. That was until she was shaken awake by the pile of pillows cuddling her back. 

       Her eyes shot open to see Vinnie asleep in her bed. Their legs were intertwined and his arms wrapped around her. Her head lay on his chest and she could hear his gentle breathing. 

        Oh...my god. Did we...? 

        She shot out of bed and began pacing around her room, trying to figure out what to do. Georgia was snapped out of her thoughts when Vinnie began to stir. He rolled over to face her and stretched out his arms, sitting up in bed. When he blinked his eyes open, it took him a minute to realize just where he was. 

        When he did realize, of course, he had almost the same reaction as Georgia. Jumping out of her bed with wide eyes and quickly grabbing his things. 

        "Vinnie what happened?"

        His eyes snapped up to hers. A piece of his curly hair perfectly fell in front of his face and he pushed it out of the way.

         "Uh, well," he began, striking panic in Georgia, "We were at the party last night and you were  really drunk and I felt bad leaving you there, so I tried to find Ryan, but I think she left or something because I looked for a good 15 minutes and couldn't find her. Anyway, yeah, then I drove you home and you threw up, so I stayed for a while. Then, when I was leaving, you wouldn't let me go, so I stayed here."

        "And nothing happened?" she asked.

        "What do you mean...?"

        "I mean we didn't...you know."

        "NO, no, you were drunk and I wouldn't do that." he said. 

         Honestly, from what he was telling her, it seemed like he was really sweet the night before. Georgia's heart fluttered when he said 'you were drunk and I wouldn't do that'. 

         Letting out a breath she'd been holding in for too long, Georgia said, "Good. Uh, thanks, I guess. For not...taking advantage."

        "Hey I might be an asshole but I couldn't bring myself to do that to you." he said.

        Georgia's cheeks turned pink as she hid a smile. 

        Damn right he's an asshole. How the hell is he making me feel like this then?

        "Listen, I don't mean to be rude, but is there a way you can get me out of here? I don't necessarily need my dad finding out I spent the night at your house."

        "Yeah let's just use the front door, my parents aren't home," she said back.

        The two of them made their way downstairs, quietly creating small talk to fill the time. Georgia reached the front door and opened it, gesturing for him to leave. 

        "Uh...alright, well," he started, "It's been fun. I'll see y-"

        "Is that my best friend Vincent escaping from my sister's room I see?"