- 𝐓𝐰𝐨 -

𝑴𝑶𝑴'𝑺 𝑪𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑬𝑫 𝑷𝑬𝑵𝑫𝑨𝑵𝑻.

-

-

-

𝕿here were times when she felt poised between two choices, one on the right and one on the left. Each step, she lose something on the other side. Every time she made a decision, she ruined it.

She wanted to escape, taste the freedom and breath real air. She wanted to hear the rain against his skin, the sound of the sea waves hurling themselves against the rocks. She wanted to visit Diagon Alley, finally go to Hogwarts, make friends. Things she would never have been able to do if she had stayed with the Malfoy, yet as she turned to look at the imposing manor beating in the distance, she felt something inside her that said to stay, go back to that room.

She knew almost nothing about her parents. She barely knew the face of his mother, Bellatrix Lestrange, who was slammed in Azkaban before she even began to say her first word. Her father was a cloud of mystery. There was no certainty or evidence to confirm who he was. The last time they saw her in a man's arms, it was Sirius Black. The man who veiled she from the eyes of others by hiding her in a basket that was among the most intricate gatherings of a wood. It was Bellatrix who snatched her from his arms.

"Girl, I'll leave you here if you don't get in now!" yelled the man in the saddle.

She turned her back again and rested her gaze on the imposing manor. It seemed to call her back through blood. The more she pushed forward, the more she felt she didn't want to. She felt her stomach twist and her throat tighten until she couldn't speak; her lips were trembling and in her hands she had slight spasms that spread to the tips of her fingers. What was happening to her?

She shook her head swinging her long auburn hair and moved mechanically towards the path that led back to the manor. The man behind her looked at her with scrutinizing and confused eyes. He got off the winged creature and run to her, grabbing her by the shoulders. "What are you doing?" She didnt answer. She seemed disconnected from the real world as if her head had stopped cooperating with her body. The man tried to understand. He lifted the handles of her jacket by checking her wrists and opened the buttons to make sure she had no charms hanging around his neck. There was probably some accessory or garment tainted by a curse. "Girl, can you hear me? Do you have a necklace or bracelet hidden somewhere?"She didn't answer.

He searched desperately inside the pockets of the backpack but in vain. Her long scarlet robe was without pockets.
He knelt on the ground and took off her shoes. A pendant was tied around the ankle with a sliver of emerald set. He tore it off and threw it to the ground covering it with damp earth.
The little girl jumped and walked towards him pushing him. "It was a gift from my mom!" she screamed sobbing.
"It was cursed. Now get on, they're reaching us," he repeated hurriedly running towards the winged creature. He reached out his hand but she didn't grab it. She didn't know whether to trust that man or not, she didn't know him. His face was battered and under the lids, two large bags pierced his face. His pronounced cheekbones and pointed shoulders indicated he hadn't eaten a hot meal in days. She glanced over his chest, where his ribs were so protruding that she shivered, his skin scratched with dirt. The robes he was wearing were enormous, perhaps twice his size or even triple, and seemed to be made of paper, so much so that she wondered if he felt cold with that piece of rag that wrapped his body.
She stared at him for a long time, her eyes sliding in every point of his figure so as not to lose any detail. She continued until a distant voice distracted her from her thoughts. It was Lucius Malfoy, a few meters from her, running with a wand between his fingers. She shrugged and jumped aboard the strange winged creature. "Okay go!" the little girl said giving him a strong pat on his shoulder. The man nodded and the animal's wings flew up. It make a run and in the blink of an eye they found themselves in the clouds, far from the ground.

The cold air kissed her face and the snowflakes caught in the soft locks of her hair. They were so high up that the manor and the forest trees looked like Mooncalf toys. Her head throbbed, she felt the cold of winter creep greedily into her bones. She paused in midair, her gaze lingering below her, the air taking her breath away. The knowledge that she was free, away from her prison hit her like a punch in the stomach. She could start over, make a new life.

"Where do I place you, little girl?" the man yelled, tilting his head to see her better. She blinked and put her lower lip between her teeth. She had no goal to go, her only thought was just to run away. "I dont know." she yalled in turn to overcome the noise of the wind that covered her voice. The man snorted silently. He brought his attention in front of him and ordered the strange creature to land. The sensation of free fall made her stomach tremble as the winged creature ran to the ground. His white wings were still wide open as he slowed his pace. As soon as they set foot on the ground, the man immediately got out of the saddle and looked in his direction. "Listen, little girl. I don't know who you are and where you come from. Tell me where you want to take you and I will. I can't take you with me."

"I- I don't know. Please, don't take me back there or they'd lock me up again." she stammered with her chest and hands going back to agony. She blinked as she tried to blink away the tears that threatened to gush down her rosy cheeks. She couldn't cry in front of him, he would immediately take her for a crybaby.

The man looked at her for a few minutes before softening his gaze and placing a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, let's start from the beginning. What's your name?" he asked slowly. "I dont have a name," she said melancholy, lowering her head so as not to meet his gaze. She found it embarrassing not to have a name like all normal people. She felt like a wild animal locked in a cage for years.

"Okay, little girl. Do you have at least a surname?"The little girl shook her head. She had it but she didn't know it. Her father had disappeared and she had never known him.

"What were you doing at the Malfoys?" he asked curiously, catching her gaze. The little girl didnt know whether to answer him sincerely or continue to make a silent scene. If he had known about her mother, he would probably have brought her back to the manor. She lowered her chin and ignored his question. "Okay okay, I get it." he snorted back in the saddle. Then he turned to her. "Are you sure you want to go away with me? You won't be able to go back." She nodded.

"Well then. Let me introduce myself, I'm Sirius Black."

IG: @distrugggerti
TikTok: @distruggerti