- 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 -

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑳𝑬𝒀 𝑻𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑺.

-

-

-

|2 years later|

"Marie, you have to go in!" Sirius yelled, peering out of the small cottage window. She didn't answer. She stood still, lying on the flowery meadow watching how the shadows of the woods played with the locks of her hair. She didn't know if she got there by chance or if she went there for a specific reason. With Buckbeak there was never a goal to go, it always followed where his instinct led him, or more than anything else, to look for other ferrets to satisfy his hunger. She closed her eyes and savored the strong musk smell filtering softly through her nostrils. The silence was dominated by the chirping of birds and the sound of water sliding clear between the moss-covered rocks.

"Come on!" he shouted insistently.
"Okay I'm coming, I'm coming".

It had been two years since her escape to England. They lived in Switzerland now, hidden in a small cottage in the middle of the Alps. She didn't spend much time outside. Hours outdoors were limited and strictly controlled. She couldn't exceed two hours a day, if not less. She spent most of her days locking herself in her room and experimenting with new potions. She couldn't wander through the narrow streets of the town and she couldn't have a close encounter with Muggles. "Why can you do it and I can't?" she repeated over and over. "Because they are dangerous to you."

He remained vague as if there was something inside him that enveloped his tongue and blocked him from saying more. He felt hindered, blocked by a chain that pulled him back three steps each time he took one forward.

"Marie, come on. The stew is getting cold!" he screamed again, blocking her thoughts and pulling her out of her trance state. She shrugged and rose from the ground to reach the cottage.

She stepped inside and a wave of heat enveloped her shoulders. She threw down her rubber boots and headed for the kitchen, where her father was waiting for her to eat. He was taut, the features of his face were stiff and his lips were drawn into a thin line. She poured a course onto her plate and sat down looking at him intently. He seemed overwhelmed by thoughts.

"Sirius, it's okay?" she asked slowly, playing with the spoon dipped in the bowl. He looked up from his plate and wiped his lips with the tablecloth that framed the table. "Yes. Did you drink the vial before eating?" he asked, immediately changing the subject. The girl looked a bit bewildered, got up from her chair and took a small vial of silvery liquid from the drawer. She opened the cork and dropped a drop on the tip of her tongue. It tasted metallic, like blood. She slid the rest of the potion until she finished it in one gulp. Her throat burned with the desire to want more. "I thought the supplies were out. Where did you get them?" she asked, ignoring the strange feeling of warmth in her mouth. Vials like that were nowhere to be found. They were expensive and very rare. "It doesn't matter now. I have to talk to you about something," he replied hastily, waving a hand in the air.

"Okay, tell me." she spurred him on, gesturing for him to continue. "You have to go back to England."

The spoon in her fingers dropped to her plate with a thud. She didn't know how to react. Her expression was devoid of emotion. "We promised ourselves not to set foot down there again!" she blurted out as jumped up and dropped her chair to the floor. A series of small spasms ran down her fingers as tears stung her eyes and blurred her vision. "Will you give me back to the Malfoys?"