- 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 -

𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑶𝑭𝑭 𝑶𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑹𝑶𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑶𝑶𝑻.

-

-

-

𝕾he couldn't sleep. Just like that night. The memory of her feeling oppressed within the walls of the Manor immediately came to mind.She couldn't forget that feeling of panic that screamed in her chest whenever she felt too tight. Those walls that seemed to tighten more and more; a space that became smaller and smaller. She shook her head in annoyance and threw that memory into the tallest stack of drawers in her mind. She slid onto the bed until her feet were on the floor. She tried to glance briefly at George but the darkness blocked her vision. She groped for the handle and went out, closing the door behind her.

She crossed the corridor in total silence, the palm of her hand stroking the walls. She hurried up the flight of stairs and slid to the front door. She walked aimlessly indefinitely with the gravel scratching her feet and her bare legs writhing in the cold. It was not uncommon for her to go out in the middle of the night to give some air to her thoughts. She ran for hours just to prove to her unconscious that she was finally free. She wouldn't stop even if her legs begged her to. Feeling the glow of the moon shining on her pale skin, the sound of the wind silhouetted against the leaves of the trees or the crickets singing in unison in the middle of the silence were the only way to chase away the bad memories that buzzed inside her. Biting into her mind, making her throb with pain.
She dropped her weight to the ground and let the cold gnaw at her bones. The fresh grass brushed the bare skin of her legs and her knees smeared with muddy earth. She remained on her knees for minutes, savoring the gentle wind of the end of the season, kissing her face..

The almost audible sound of footsteps running across the tall grass made her spin around. Ginny Weasley's figure froze behind her, her face illuminated by the rays of moon. "Ginny" she whispered overwhelming her with her cold and expressionless gaze. "Were you following me?"
Her eyes pierced her irises like sharp-tipped goblin arrows. They burned, Ginny's irises burned no matter how violent Marie's eyes were on her. They were like a stormy sea.
"No.. I-" she stopped, Marie's scrutinizing eyes made her too uncomfortable. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay," she said slowly, lowering her gaze. She continued to stare at her in silence until she got up and walked past her. She transfigured into a crow and flew high until she made sure she could no longer see the roof of the Burrow. She hated being followed, deprived of her moments of solitude. Especially when she didn't feel in the mood to exchange dialogue with anyone. Everyone cared about her, they followed her and never left her alone .. As if they were afraid of not seeing her again overnight, they followed her like bees and honey because they feared that she would run away as she did years ago at the Malfoy Manor.

She croaked in frustration ignoring the burning that corroded her throat and flapped her wings until she felt pain in her arms. She pointed her gaze to the ground and glided down to return to rest her feet on the ground.

• -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- •

The week flew away like the wind and that long-awaited day finally arrived.

What would have happened to her if the Malfoys had knew of her return to England? Would they go all the way to Hogwarts to bring her back to the manor?

She shrugged and brought her attention back to the present. They were late. Fred yelled George's name to wake him up as Marie slammed and muttered in the most desperate hope of finding her shoes. It took the intervention of half house to wake the twin still helpless on the ground and Ron nearly killed him by pouring a bucket of cold water on him. Calling it caos was an understatement.