- 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 -

𝑮𝑬𝑻 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑨𝑹𝑴 𝑶𝑼𝑻.

-

-

-

𝕾he couldn't move. Her body seemed immobilized, the feeling of not being able to move a muscle, increased the agony that spread more and more between the bones of her rib cage. She could feel her right in there, ready to scratch her flesh from within like sharp blades wrapped in the scorching heat of the fire. She knew she had been a caged animal from the early years of her life, but the idea of ​​not even being able to move within the walls of her small room made bile come into her mouth.
Her lungs were asking for more air, the walls of her throat had suddenly become tight, so tight that the air barely passed through them. Her mouth was tight, she didn't have the strength to scream or utter a word. She was probably still asleep, wandering through one of her usual horrifying nightmares, but it was all fucking real. She could feel the pungent air burning her lungs, the creaking of the window back and forth in the wind, her muscles aching with every little, tiny movement.

She threw her thoughts away in a dark corner of her mind and paused to rearrange the memories of a few hours ago. She ran away and then?She squeezed her brains out well until she felt her temples throbbing but in vain. She remembered nothing but the slight sensation of running away that night. Had someone obliviated her? And who? What happened next?

They were questions thrown to the wind. How would she get answers if no one looked her straight in the eye for more than a minute or said more than five words a day?

"You're awake" was Narcissa's voice to distract Marie from her thoughts. Her gaze shifted so quickly to Mrs. Malfoy's figure that a terrible pain began to creep into her temples with fervor. "H-how long hav-have I b-been here?" she asked with difficulty, moistening the walls of her throat with a large amount of saliva. Mrs. Malfoy's glassy eyes slid over her like two slimy snakes. She felt uncomfortable under her stinging gaze.

"You mean when did your sharp mind decide to cross the line to escape? For a couple of days." she answered sourly, curving her lips into a grimace.
"H-have I b-been in a coma f-for a-"
"No, you're dead. Your heart had stopped beating since the night you played silly and tried to escape," interrupted the witch approaching her to open her mouth wide and slide the silvery liquid from the vial she held between her fingers. For a moment, Marie hesitated to swallow the fluid dripping from the tip of her tongue but the familiar taste of Sirius's vials made her change her mind. They were the usual healing potions they gave her before she ate.

As soon as all the liquid was swallowed, the dry pain that scratched the walls of her throat disappeared like a cloud of vapor.

"Dead?" she repeated skeptically. "How did I-"
"We were on the idea of ​​leaving you dying and watching your body decompose but your mother wouldn't like it. Thanks to some old healing rites and various spells you are back as good as new." finished for her, ending their argument by pulling herself up and rushing out of the room. A thousand questions hung on the tip of her tongue as waited to come out, but she held back. Her mind burned with the desire to know more but the woman was already too far away and raising her voice did not seem so convenient since even a moment before she couldn't complete a sentence without stammering or feeling pain in her throat.

She rolled her eyes around her, scanning the pale walls and the white cot she was lying on. The room was completely bare, devoid of any furniture except the disturbing presence of the woman in the picture and the bedside table full of empty vials located next to her. From the way the large windows looked out into the open, it didn't seem to be on the top floor of the manor. The room she was in was on the ground floor.

"They have arrived," Narcissa murmured in full agitation. She crossed the threshold of the room and hurried to approach her bed to get her out of the covers and help her to stand up."Who is it that they arrived?" she asked curiously, studying Mrs. Malfoy's stiffened expression. "Don't ask questions and do what I tell you." she spat in an acid tone, waving her wand to stabilize the muscles in her legs. After a few minutes of uttered spells and several wand flaps, Marie and Narcissa hurried out of the room and headed for the main dining room. The one in which the meetings between the deatheaters and the Dark Lord were held and of which Marie was unaware.

The air in the great room filtered sharply through her nostrils. The acrid smell reeked of dark magic, and smelling it made her lungs twist from the burning. As their footsteps continued on their way, Marie's gaze slid around the ash-colored walls and then towards the center where a long table was located. They weren't alone, in the room there were at least thirty men, if not more, who numbed her with their insistent gazes. Their glances choked her like a pillow pressing hard to keep her from breathing.

"Don't be silly and sit next to me." Narcissa whispered in her ear as she narrowed her eyes to try to understand where their postation was located. They slowed their pace as Mrs. Malfoy's hand gripped the backs of two chairs and pulled them back to sit and seat Marie beside her. It wasn't long before Lucius joined the table and sat down next to his wife.At that point, the tension fell in the great hall like a razor wire. Nobody dared to move, they were all still. Were it not for the rising and falling chests, Marie would have even feared that no one would breathe again after the mysterious entry of a strange pale-skinned being. He walked slowly, followed by a huge snake that crept silently at his feet. Each step taken left an extra trace of blood along the axis of the floor.

"Lucius, why don't you introduce us to our new guest?" The man's words came out as annoying as the sound of a knife scratching the surface of a plate. The faces of the mr and mrs Malfoy's turned mechanically in the direction of Marie, who sat motionless with her hands under her ass, but they didn't move a finger. It was someone else's hands that tightened the grip around her arm and pulled her to force her to get up."My lord, forgive me so much for forgetting to introduce my daughter. Her name is-" The woman behind her stood with bated breath, her shoulders suddenly stiff and her lips slightly parted. She didn't know how to catch the words and complete the sentence. She had no idea what to call her since she had never given her a name before.Marie could feel the mind of the witch behind her battering like a piece of rubber scraping against a wall. She could hear her wandering into the past, rummaging through memories to remember what or if she had a name the girl she held close to her was. How does a mother forget to name her daughter? Marie thought to herself, letting her teeth press together until they screeched, the pressure getting so strong that she thought they would be destroyed in her mouth at any moment. Although she felt pain in her gums, she continued to clench her jaw as if it could, somehow, help her suppress the anger by entangling it in her teeth.She wanted to turn around and face her. Enjoying her embarrassed expression and laughing as soon as the discomfort painted on her pupils.

"My lord, you - you have no idea how much luck this brat might give us." she hastened to say, moving Marie's shoulders towards the man's direction."What makes you think that, Bellatrix?" He asked curiously, his eyes lingering on the tiny figure of the young witch. "Knows the boy who survived." Those five words were enough to fully capture the attention of the man in front of them. A guttural sound similar to laughter came out of his throat making everyone who sat in the room with them shiver. It was so terribly ugly that the sight made her lips curl in disgust. "The boy who survived," he repeated, pronouncing the sentence word for word."She could be useful to us as a spy. If she tells us the boy's weaknesses and everything he has in mind to do, we'll have a better chance of foreseeing his attack plans and catching him once and for all." added her mother, loosening her grip on Marie's shoulders. The young girl did everything she could to keep the little drop of patience that threatened to slip away from her. She wanted to get away from that woman and run away across the border to see if the protection spells were still active. Or let herself die by allowing the border to tear her organs from the inside and burn her heart with electric shocks.Who were all those people? Why wasn't she at Hogwarts? And where had Sirius Black gone?

"Well then. Brat, get your arm out."

IG: @distrugggerti
TikTok: @distruggerti