𝒊𝒙. the concept of death

! . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒓 ! ࿐ྂ
a g r a n d a r m y f i c

 ⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒓 ! ࿐ྂa   g r a n d   a r m y   f i c

( CHAPTER IX. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 )

 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 )

       " 𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑳 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝑨 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬-𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑯 𝑫𝑰𝑪𝑲, 𝑨𝑹𝑬𝑵'𝑻 𝒀𝑶𝑼 ? " The small, unexpected sentence that had blurted out ever-so abruptly out of Joshua Lawrence's thin-lipped mouth as he exhaled the light gray smoke, attempting to increase his lack of feeling was quite the surprise for both of them. Evie, his now official ex-girlfriend was in shock, his news being assumingly the most flabbergasting yet totally understandable confession that she had heard in her sixteen years of life. Her usual exceedingly well-informed mind became dazed and confused as she tried to reminisce about their whole relationship, attempting to gather more pre-existing clues and hints that would've foreshadowed the boy's sexuality. She strived to conclude whether she was incredibly dense and self-involved or if he was simply spectacular at hiding it. It was difficult to gather enough evidence in her mind in such a small time period as an internally panicking Lawrence boy stood in front of her, finally processing his own words. The girl landed on his sudden need to participate in what-seemed-to-be abstinence after the end of the honeymoon period of their relationship when she knew the boy hadn't stepped inside a church his whole life━━ " Perhaps he had found God on his own time. " She had originally thought. Hell ! She wasn't one to judge one's spirituality but to deprive her of an active sex life ? That, she was not happy about. Nevertheless, Evie would soon find out that that was not the case.

       As Evie Perez remained quiet, processing his divulgence, her glossy pink lips pressed together as it was one of her pay-no-mind-to habits, the boy's nonchalance was quickly vanishing into thin air, like a rush was put onto his high in order to end it faster. An unsettling feeling had begun to well deep inside of him, anxiety rising as paranoia found itself into his ebulliently erotic mind as he thought about all the possible outcomes of his unexpected and accidental coming out. The atmosphere had become dense and it was visible through his deep blue eyes. His brain was filled with trepidation, eyes not leaving Evie Perez as he tried to read her expressionless face, waiting for her delayed reaction. Joshua's imagination was running wild, going through the worst possible scenarios at rapid speed. He scratched his untamed, dirty blonde hair as he mentally wondered why he was stupid enough to spill out his darkest secret while fighting with Evie, the one that even he still held some unexplained shame of. Sadly, he knew that there was no going back now.