13

"You have to stop drinking like this, you know what happened last time you drank." Mean sighed, from where he was sat at Saint's office. It had been just fifteen minutes from when the meeting had ended, and the CEO was already on his third glass.

"Just let me be Mean. I need it." Saint winced after he downed the whole glass in one go.

The lawyer got up slowly and quietly from his spot, walked behind Saint and took the glass away from him. "I'm sorry but I can't do that mate. I don't wanna wake up again in the middle of the night, hearing that you're two minutes away from death just because one of Perth's previous dates offended him to his friend, cause your husband hadn't agreed to sleep with them."

Saint scoffed and reached for the glass again, but Mean walked away. "That's not the reason. I was just angry cause it seemed he wanted to make fun of me cause you know, Perth is married to me."

Mean gave him a 'Really!?' look. "That doesn't even make sense. That guy didn't even know who you were. You got to tone down your possessiveness."

Saint rolled his eyes. "Your cheek mole is what doesn't even make sense. Like, why is it even there? What's it's purpose?" The man touched his friends face, looking at his mole there, furrowing his brows.

"Okay," Mean caught Saint's wrists and began walking towards the couch to sit him down, "I think that's it for today. You need to rest."

Saint scowled, but sat nonetheless. "I can't rest. That tiny oompa-loompa will embarrass me again, same as he did today."

Mean sat near him. "I think he honored you. Showed what a good decision you made choosing him as your husband. He concluded a deal with one of our biggest and most important contractors." The lawyer rested his elbows on his knees.

Saint furrowed his brows, his mouth opened a little, looking offended. "Excuse me, Mean. He wanted to prove he was better than me, that's what he did. Can't believe you're always on his side these days. Why?"

"Cause I saw what a good-hearted human he is. His heart is pure gold. I know you've seen it too, even though you deny it. I think you like him, dare I say you do more than actually just like him."

"I fucking don't!" Saint denied as soon as his best friend finished talking. The lawyer pointed at him laughing. The lad clenched his jaw, closing his eyes briefly since he was trying to remain collected. "Whatever! It's impossible to talk to you," Saint got up from the couch, "I'm gonna leave now before I'm faced with him, and he slaps it in my face that he was the one to do that."

Mean shook his head and sighed in disappointment, as soon as his best friend left the office, slamming the door shut.

The clock hit 01:42 in the morning, when Perth heard Saint enter their house. It had been so long, since Saint had come that late home.

Perth's colleagues had insisted they should all go out, to celebrate the boy's major accomplishment, but Perth had said to leave it for another time. He had felt good when Saint hadn't faced him at work, he would have probably said that he would've made a better closure with the contract. Nothing new that Perth would be surprised of.

He heard shuffling and things moving from the first floor, but the smaller boy didn't dare move from where he was sat at the end of his bed. Waiting, for something else to happen, he played with the end of the big sweater he was wearing. The only thing he had on.

After a few moments, a hurt groan was heard from Saint's bedroom door, that had Perth running, without thinking about it more. He opened his door, and saw Saint's bedroom door entirely opened, with Saint sat on the end of his bed. The lad had his palms rubbing at his face, his elbows resting on his knees.