14

''Thank you for inviting me here tonight, you look great by the way.'' Blue said as soon as Perth sat down in front of him, in one of the greatest restaurants Plan had recommended to him. He had thought about it for a long time, and finally he had decided he was going to go out with Blue again. He didn't know yet what he wanted from Blue, friendship was what weighted the most in his mind. Blue made him feel good, appreciated and important too. Not that Plan and Yacht failed to do so, but getting that feeling from another person that wasn't one of his best friends made Perth crave for that feeling more. Blue was yet a stranger in a kind of way, because he knew him for a little time, but the pub owner ignited a fire inside of him that was extinguished a long time ago.

''Don't mention it, thank you for accepting my invitation.'' Perth waved him away, peaking at the menu, deciding to get something light and tasty since it was dinner. ''So, tell me how have you been? It's been a minute since we last met.''

''Tired, I am dealing with an old man so he can sell me his bar, it's in a great position of the city, but the pub itself is ruined. So it's going to take sometime before I can finally get him to decide to sell it to me in a reasonable price, because when I see something, if I get my mind to it, I always get it. Doesn't matter what do I have to lose. I always get what I want.'' Blue said looking at him in the eye, and Perth understood that the last part wasn't only having to do with the place the brown eyed man wanted to buy.

The boy lowered his head shyly, and pretended to not understand what Blue wanted to say, and just nodded instead. The waiter came by and took their orders and the whole time Blue couldn't take his eyes from the smaller boy.

''Tell me,'' The pub owner added when he placed the glass of wine on the table after drinking from it, ''How did the 'lad's night' go?''

Perth rolled his eyes in a mock, earning a smile from his companion, ''Good, I mostly spent it talking to you, as if you may have noticed.''

The pub owner nodded, ''Do you mind me asking something?'' He said biting his lower lip looking thoughtful.

''No, ask me.''

''Please don't take it the wrong way, but I have to know, I hope you'll understand why.'' Blue said and Perth furrowed his brows confused, but before he could say something Blue added, ''If your husband was there with you, and he clearly doesn't like me to be even 150 meters near you, and I'm putting it lightly by the way, why do you keep talking to me?''

Perth nodded and pressed his lips together before he decided to speak, ''I don't know you that well for me to tell you this, but I feel I need to do it. Hope you'll understand clearly my situation.''

Blue nodded once to show Perth he was listening and to encourage him to continue speaking. Perth took a sip from his glass to get himself to talk. After exhaling he continued, ''It's true me and Saint are married, but we are not a couple if you know where I am getting at. What I said to you that night it's true, me and Saint were arranged to meet, but we were not pressured to get married. I fell in love with him, I felt like I was the luckiest guy alive for him to love me back, but unfortunately, that wasn't true.'' Perth looked at the table feeling embarrassed to tell this story, but Blue deserved to know, ''So he acted like he loved me too, and three months later we married, and then he told me it was all a lie. So here I am, six months trapped in a marriage I didn't bargain for.''

Blue looked at him with an opened mouth, a puff leaving his lips, looking around the table with wide eyes, and then looking at Perth who was looking at his lap. He shook his head feeling miserable how this amazing boy found himself in that kind of situation.

"Hey," the pub owner finally said, after gathering himself, causing for Perth to look up. He reached his hand, and caresed Perth's one. "You don't have to be embarrassed, about nothing at all." He gave the smaller boy a warm smile, which was returned.