20

"Perth?! Oh my God, baby, what are you doing here?!" Tuli's eyes were wide when she opened the door and saw her son standing there with a small suitcase.

Perth wrapped his arms around her, and didn't reply. He just needed his mom's hug. It had been a long time since he last saw her in person.

She smelled pretty, like always. He would recognize her perfume everywhere, and each time he would get homesick. Now that he was smelling that perfume on her, it made his eyes prickle with tears.

Perth would always miss her so much; she was his number one supporter and no one ever could take her place. Of course when he got married, not seeing her everyday was the only thing that made him sad. Now, being in her arms again he felt home.

"I came to stay with you for a couple of days, is it okay?" Perth asked when they broke the hug and his mom kissed his cheeks like she always did.

Perth couldn't even get mad that she still treated him like a toddler, that's how much he had missed her.

"Of course not, don't talk nonsense. I've missed you. Facetiming you does not make up for it." She said and got out of the way so Perth could place his suitcase in the bottom of the stairs.

"Where is dad?" Perth said stepping in the living room. Apparently his mom had made a few changes around the house. "I've missed him too."

"He's out with a couple of his friends having a beer. Mark should be here very soon." Tuli sat near her son in the couch and hugged him again. "Are you hungry? Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

"No mom, I'm full. I had Orn make me something for the road." Perth kissed her hand. "Does dad leave you alone often? If he does I'm gonna have a few words with him."

"No, you silly boy. In fact he didn't even want to leave. I made him go. I don't want him to turn into a grumpy old man." Tuli smiled.

"Who you're calling an old man?" Mark's voice came from the kitchen, munching on something he must have found in there.

"Jesus Christ, you should stop creeping on me from the kitchen door." Tuli sat up abruptly, and then directed her index finger to Perth. "Look who's here."

"My boy," Mark walked up to his son, gave him a big hug and patted his back, "When did you come?"

"Like ten minutes ago. How have you been, dad?" Perth smiled.

"Eh, could be better. Your mother should stop feeding me salad or I'll soon turn into a goat," Mark squinted his eyes at his wife.

"A grumpy old goat," Tuli added.

"I'm not old. I still feel young inside me." Perth's' dad crossed his arms in front of him and pursed his lips.

"You didn't deny grumpy though." Tuli sing-songed as she made her way to the kitchen. "I'll serve some lemonade to you guys."

"I don't know where she hides all the things that taste good. I keep searching the cabinets at night and I never get to find them." Mark whispered and sat down beside Perth.

"You know she cares about your health dad." Perth patted his knee.

"I think all she cares about is driving me mad with all those healthy cooking channel's she watches. I swear I'm about to turn green from all the beans and salad she shoves in my face all day." Mark sighed miserably.

"I heard that!" Tuli shouted from the kitchen.

"I love you, honey!" Mark replied back and Perth began to laugh.

They had been for nearly twenty three years together and still bickered like teenagers. Perth loved when they were like that. Even though they acted like they were forced to be together, in the end of the day both of them knew they couldn't even live without each other.