Chapter 3

"Look, I can see it!" Chiyo pointed excitedly as she road on Midnight's back. The large main gate of the leaf village came into view a large smile forming on the black haired girl's face.

  "I can't believe it's been two years" Chiyo said. Being back where she had spent years of her life, the place where she had made so many friends made her feel so much more excited to be back.

"Hey Midnight, I'm gonna walk from here" she said. The wolf nodded as Chiyo slid off her back, the wolf disappeared into a cloud of smoke as the girl took in the sight of her home.

  "I'm home guys" she said under her breath. Her eyes glanced at her mask, she almost considered putting it on but didn't. It was still special to her but the need to hide behind it was long gone. Chiyo had finally decided that she would show her friends what was beneath the mask.

  "Are you not going to wear it?"  Midnight questioned.

  "No" she said with no hesitation, the wolf silently accepted her answer as Chiyo walked through the village gate. She was greeted by the same two ninja who had been guarding the entrance since she could remember. They stared at her for a moment not realizing who she was for a moment.

"Wait-" one spoke,

"that mask, Chiyp?!" the other exclaimed. Said girl nodded a closed eyed smile on her face.

"Yep! That's me" she chirped, the two smiled as she approached the stall they were sitting behind.

"Didn't think both of you would come back on the same day" the first said. Chiyo raised an eyebrow confused,

"oh, you didn't know. Right after you left to train Naruto went with Jiraya. He just came back today as well" the second explained.

  "Well, I better go see him" Chiyo said cheerfully. She ran into the village but suddenly stopped when she heard a familiar female voice yelling loudly.

   "Some things never change" she chuckled jumping up onto a near by roof.

   Naruto was shaken by an angry Sakura as she yelled at him with rage in her eyes.

"In fact, I think she's gotten more vicious"  he thought to himself.

   "Did you say something?!" Sakura yelled once more. But before he could speak another voice spoke up.

  "Good to see you two haven't changed" it belonged to a female. Both Naruto and Sakura looked up at the roof of the nearby building spotting a figure standing on top of it. She had long black hair and a leaf headband, her skin was pale which brought out the color of her red eyes. They both looked confused until Sakura spotted a mask hanging off of her waist. She noticed the familiar red markings as she scanned the girl's features again.

  "Chiyo-chan?" she asked,

"you mean you don't remember me" the girl spoke snapping Naruto from his thoughts.

  "Chiyo-chan! you're back!" he yelled excitedly. A laugh escaped the girl's lips as she jumped down from the roof. Chiyo was immediately pulled into a hug by Naruto.

"I missed you" he said, she returned the hug.

  "I missed you to, Naruto-kun" she smiled. Sakura stood there shocked,

"you've grown Sakura-chan" Chiyo said. That's when both Naruto and Sakura noticed that she was taller than both of them.

"How are you taller than me?!" they yelled at the same time.

  "Hey, you're that girl from before" another voice caught her attention. Chiyo turned to see Konohomaru and his teammates standing there.

  "Konohamaru, how have you been?" she asked kneeling down.

   "I finally became a ninja!" he shouted excitedly as he pointed to his headband. Chiyo smiled,

"that's wonderful" she said. Seeing the three standing there reminded her of when she and her teammates were younger. She then turned back to her teammates.

"Um, Chiyo-chan?" Sakura said, the black haired girl let out a small hum.

"How come you're not wearing your mask right now?" the pink haired female asked. Chiyo's red eyes traveled to the mask. Her fingers touched the edge slowly.

"I did some thinking over the two years I was gone, and I decided that I don't always need to hide behind it" she sated. Sakura and Naruto smiled. They were glad to see their friend again, and they were both happy to know that she had broken out of her shell.

"Well, it's nice to have you both back" Tsunade said. Naruto, Sakura, and Chiyo stood in her office next to each other. The woman looked over at Chiyo,

"as promised, your home is still in good condition, you should settle back in" she said.

"Thank you Tsunade-sama" Chiyo said waving goodbye to her teammates for the time being.

"Oh Naruto-kun" she said right before leaving.

"Let's get some ramen later" she suggested making the blond cheer.