Chapter 13

Chiyo stayed close to Naruto as she rode on Midnight, she and the rest of the group made their way through the forest none of them speaking.

"Garra... We're coming" Naruto broke the silence, the black haired girl watched him the frown on her face hidden by her mask.

"Naruto! I know you're in a hurry, but don't disrupt the unit" Sakura spoke,

"But, but...!" Chiyo looked at her friend sympathetically knowing he must really care about the red head.

"Don't lose your cool..." Kakashi warned. 

"He's right Naruto-kun, you can't just rush forward. This will be a dangerous situation" Chiyo finally spoke lifting up her mask, her crimson eyes shone with worry.

"Master Jiraya told you not to remember?" Kakashi added,

"for crying out loud..." Sakura muttered. Suddenly, Chiyo spotted a figure as did Sakura. Slipping her mask back on she looked at the ground below spotting Temari,

"She was with Garra" Chiyo remembered.

"Temari" the pinkette called catching the girl's attention, the blond looked up to see who had called her name. Team Kakashi landed on the ground in front of her Chiyo sliding off of Midnight's back.

  "What?! Garra was...?!" Temari explained shocked by the news.

"It'll take about two and a half days to get to the Sand from here... Let's hury" Kakashi said. Chiyo quickly got back into Midnight's back.

"Right" Temari said in a surprisingly calm voice. All of them jumped into the air to continue their journey.
------------------------------------------------------------

      Night had fallen upon the forest as the group jumped from branch to branch, not much was said as the atmosphere became tense. Chiyo looked at Naruto a frown tugging at her lips.

  "He's never been this quiet during a mission" she thought to herself.

  "Naruto! I told you earlier not to disrupt the unit" Sakura called as the blond continued to rush forward.

"I don't like it!" he suddenly said raising his voice. The group was surprised by his sudden outburst.

"Even I know why they're after people like Garra and me...You know it already don't you, Sakura, Chiyo...? The group was silent.

"That I've got...the nine tailed Fox Spirit sealed inside me..." Chiyo looked at the blond trying to find any words that could comfort him. She opened her mouth to speak but quickly closed it unable to. Naruto grabbed at his chest,

"Garra and I both have monsters inside us...that's what they're after!" he said. He landed on a tree branch breaking some of the bark,

"that's what I don't like! They only see us as monsters! I don't like their selfish way of viewing us! Everything about us...was the same..." Naruto continued.

"And he...fought all by himself a lot more than me..."

"Naruto..." Chiyo and Sakura thought to themselves.

"The Akatsuki was after him!" Naruto exclaimed.

"And yet why does he always have to be the one to get the short end of the stick?! It's always him! That's why I can't be waisting any time getting to him!" The blond explained.

"This time, I want to save him right away!" Chiyo frowned even more seeing tears welling up in Naruto's eyes.
------------------------------------------------------------

      "Now, now, the food pills are only for emergencies" Kakashi spoke stopping Sakura.

"I just hope it doesn't come down to that" Chiyo said out loud. She knew that this was a dangerous situation but he had a small sliver of hope that things would work out. Sakura ignored him moving forward.

"She's acting so serious" Chiyo thought.

"Naruto" Sakura spoke,

"you've met him before, haven't you?" the black haired girl found herself lost in her own thoughts drowning out any further conversation.

"She's really changed, hasn't she?" she said,

"The person Sasuke wants to kill is his older brother Itachi Uchia right?" Sakura asked.

"He was the one who attacked me" Chiyo remembered. His hair and eyes were almost exactly like Sasuke's.

"A member of the Akatsuki" Sakura stated. Naruto's eyes went wide, the atmosphere was obviously tense between Team Kakashi especially Sakura and Naruto. Chiyo felt bad for the both of them. They both cared for Sasuke in one way or another and she knew they wanted to bring him back.

"That's why Sasuke is with Orochimaru  in an attempt to obtain power...But Orochimaru is after Sasuke's body right
..." Sakura stated in a serious tone.

"And we only have six months left!"

"Sakura-chan knows about that to" Naruto thought.

"And Orochimaru used to be a member of the Akatsuki" she the pinkette stated.

"The closer we get to the Akatsuki, the closer we are to information about Orochimaru" again Chiyo spaced out lost in her thoughts. She knew Sasuke was in danger even if he wasn't aware of the fact. And despite the fact that she did see Sasuke as a friend she wasn't sure that he would be willing to listen to reason.