Chapter 10

Naruto and Chiyo were both handed their Ramen as the blond stared down at his. The black haired girl smiled knowing he had probably missed his favorite food,

"Naruto-kun, you should eat it before it gets cold" Chiyo pointed out. The male nodded grabbing chopsticks as he began to eat his food quickly as did Chiyo. Iruka smiled at his former students a fond memory coming to mind. He could remember when Naruto was younger and the two of them were sitting at the very same shop as they were now.

  "By the way, can I ask you a favor Sensei?"

"You want seconds" he remembered asking the boy.

   "Let me wear you're leaf headband" Naruto put his hands together.

"Oh this? No way"

"This is proof that you've graduated from the academy" he had explained. Chiyo watched a content smile on her face. She to had many memories here that always made her smile, it also made her realize just how much time had passed since then.

"There's one thing I'm not happy with" Naruto spoke, Chiyo looked at her friend confused.

  "Naruto!" the shop owner exclaimed angrily.

"This is the first time we meet in years and the first thing you do is find fault in my ramen!" he yelled rolling up his sleeve as his daughter tried to calm him down.

"It's not that" Naruto put his hands up. He looked down at his bowl a frown on his face.

  "I thought the next time you would be treating me to ramen would be after I'd become a Chuin" she stated sadly.

"Naruto" Iruka spoke softly a frown tugging at his lips.

  "All of my classmates have become Chuin" his blue eyes flickered over to Chiyo who tried to comfort him by putting a hand on his shoulder.

"And I'm the only one who's still just a Genin" he said sounding frustrated.

"You don't need to worry about whether you're a Genin or a Chuin" Iruka began,

"After all Master Jiraya trained you personally...."

"I know but..." Naruto muttered.

  "But listen, that pervy sage is really merciless" he said out loud. Chiyo couldn't help but think that Naruto calling Jiraya "Pervy sage" was fitting. Naruto started to say how his headband and clothes had gotten dirty during his training, the black haired girl sighed. She had a similar problem during her own training as well.

  "Ah!" Chiyo yelped as she lost her footing sliding down a slope. She was usually good at keeping her balance but the storm from the previous day had left the ground soft. She groaned slowly getting up, looking herself over she sighed in relief seeing no major injuries, and she could stand so she hadn't broken her leg which was a relief.

"I'm all muddy" she groaned, Midnight appeared looking her over.

   "Come on, you can get cleaned up at a river" the wolf said. Chiyo sighed,

"This feels gross" she muttered following the animal.

  Chiyo finished her ramen standing up.

"I'm gonna take a walk" she said leaving. However, something didn't feel right to her. She had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach that outweighed all the happiness she had been feeling before.

-----------------------------------------------------------
  "There seems to be something on your mind Chiyo" Midnight commented,

"I really can't get anything past you can I?" the black haired girl asked.

  "I just feel... Like something bad is going to happen" she exclaimed.

"Those men from before, when we were looking for Tsunade-sama. The ones who were after Naruto. I don't think they're going to stop" she said,

"what makes you say that" the wolf questioned.

"I overheard that people wearing the same clothes they were have been going after the tailed beast" she stated arms crossed. Chiyo closed her eyes a sigh escaping her lips.

  "You think they'll go after Naruto" Midnight finished. Chiyo nodded,

  "I'm sure he can handle himself" the animal tried to put her fears at ease.

  "I know, but the ones I fought before were stronger than I thought, who knows who else is involved with their group" she said, Midnight looked at Chiyo for a moment.

"Worrying about something that hasn't happened yet will throw you off, you should relax" the wolf told her. Chiyo was quiet,

"I guess you're right" she admitted looking up towards the sky.