Chapter 12

"It's been a long time since we've been on a mission. I'm so excited!" Naruto said as team Kakashi walked down the hallway. Chiyo wanted to be excited as well but something deep down gave her a bad feeling,

  "It's probably just my nerves" she tries to reassure herself. Though, she wasn't entirely convinced by her own words.

"Naruto, accept the mission without complaint" the black haired girl could hear Sakura speak.

  "No matter what we're ordered to do" the pinkette continued.

  "I know!"

"I hope so..." Kakashi piped up, suddenly the sound of someone running could be heard. The group noticed a woman coming towards them, Chiyo stepped out of the way

  "move it, move it!" she exclaimed as Chiyo raised an eyebrow. She could feel her instincts telling her that something bad was happening.

"Watch it you, be more careful!" Naruto yelled looking behind him. Kakashi looked in that direction a serious expression from on his face, that didn't help to put Chiyo's mind at ease.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Whaaat" Naruto said not liking the mission they were given by Tsunade. Chiyo shook her head,

  "this is just like last time" she thought,

  "he still has a bit of maturing to do" Midnight added. The black haired girl simply nodded.

   "Huh? You got a problem?!" Tsunade asked clearly annoyed.

"That's totally a C-rank Mission! I'll just have to say no thanks to a mission like that..."

  "And here I just told him not to complain" Sakura thought to herself.

"Naruto, you haven't matured mentally at all, have you...? Iruka said out loud.

"Naruto... I gave you an easier mission since this is more or less a comeback for you..." said Tsunade.

"I didn't ask for this!" the blond fired back,

  "I-I'm sorry, Master! I'll give him a good scolding later..." Sakura said hitting Naruto on the back of his head.

"The details of the mission are written here." Tsunade slid a piece of paper forward, Chiyo sighed just wanting to get on with things before Naruto caused any more trouble.

"Right" Kakashi walked forward as Naruto looked up,

  "geez, man..." he groaned.

"The old man Third Hokage was much more understanding..."

"Huh? Did you say something?!" Tsunade raised her voice.

"Naruto-kun, you're only making things worse" Chiyo said to herself.

"Hey! Knock it off! Sakura exclaimed, just then the door to the office opened revealing the same woman who had almost bumped into Chiyo earlier.

"Th-there's trouble...Fit Hokage!" she said running towards the desk.

"What's all the comotion?"

  "We just recieved an emergency message from the sand..." the woman spoke.

"The sand...?!" Naruto asked,

"that's where Garra lives" Chiyo thought remembering the red head she had seen long ago during the Chuin exams. Now the feeling in the pit of her stomach was at it's worst.

  "Did you say an emergency mesaage?!" Tsunade asked.

"This is what we have deciphered" Tsunade took the paper from her looking over it.

"What?!" she said after a moment, Chiyo looked forward concerned.

"Oh...my god..." Iruka had a shocked look on his face.

  "Hey... What happened?" Naruto asked, the atmosphere became tense.

"The Kazekage of the Hidden Sand has been taken by members of the organization called the Akatsuki." Kakashi and his team froze in shock, Chiyo stood there not able to speak.

"Garra was, taken..?" she asked herself remembering how strong the boy had been when she had met him. If he had been taken than the Akatsuki were much stronger than she had ever imagined.

"Those guys again, huh...?" Naruto spoke.

"We have more information concerning the Akatsuki" Tsunade stated.

"And so the hidden sand has officially requested our help..."

  "Lady Tsunade, don't tell me you're going to have team Kakashi...?! The woman next to her spoke.

"This is a time of emergency. I can't be wasting time on personal selection. And besides, we've got someone here who's actually fought against the Akatsuki" Tsunade said referring to Kakashi.

"I understand that but..."

  "I will now issue Team Kakashi a new mission. Go to the village hidden in the sand immediately, find out what's going on and report back to the Leaf...After that you will follow the orders of the Hidden Sand and provide them with back-up!" Tsunade instructed the team.

------------------------------------------------------------

  "Okay, we're off now!" Naruto announced as he and the rest of the team stood in front of the open gate. Chiyo stood silent.

"We'll be back master" Sakura spoke.

  "Right..." Tsunade responded,

"Naruto, good luck!" Iruka smiled. Chiyo still remained silent as Midnight stood next to her.

"Thanks" Naruto said looking behind him towards his former teacher. Team Kakashi began to walk forward when Jjraya suddenly appeared in front of them startling Chiyo a bit.

  "Are you off on a mission now. Naruto?" he asked. The blond nodded as the male approached Tsunade,

  "Tsuande, I've got some information for you. The Kazekage of the hidden sand..."

  "I know..." the blond woman stopped him.

"I'm just about to send them off to the sand now." she said pointing towards the group, Jiraya turned to see Naruto with a smile on his face. He nodded as the sanin stood there shocked. He walked up to Tsunade whispering something in her hear but none of Team Kakashi could make it out.

"It's an emergency situation you see" they heard the woman say.

"I just made the best choice I could"

"Naruto, come here for a second" Jiraya walked towards the group.

  "Hm?" Naruto followed him as Chiyo watched.

"Kakashi, keep an eye on Naruto and make sure he doesn't do anything reckless. I'm counting on you" Jiraya said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Kakashi-Sensei, Sakura, Chiyo, let's get a move on" Naruto said confidently.

"H-hey wait up!" Sakura called catching up to him as did Chiyo.