Ch. 2 Second Chance at First Line

UNDER ARREST
[1×02]

AYLA WENT BACK TO SCHOOL THE MONDAY AFTER THE FULL MOON. She needed to get back to some kind of normal as much as she hated school. It was a good distraction at least. She could hang out with Allison and Lydia and pretend her world hadn't fallen apart the week before.

She had only just gotten home a few minutes ago when she heard yelling outside.

"Derek!" Scott had yelled. "Derek!"

Ayla frowned, standing up and going to the window. She could see Scott standing outside, practically fuming. "Stay away from her! She doesn't know anything," he told Derek.

The older Hale walked off the porch, moving towards the younger werewolf. "Yeah? What if she does? You think you're little buddy Stiles can just google werewolves and now you've got all the answers, is that it? You don't get it yet, Scott, but I'm looking out for you. Think about what could happen. You're out on the field, the aggression takes over and you shift in front of everyone," Derek told him. He noticed that Scott had dropped his things on the ground and reached down to pick up the teenager's lacrosse stick. "Your mom, all your friends, and when they see you, everything falls apart," he said, tearing through the net with his claws. Derek tossed the ruined lacrosse stick into the air and Scott looked up to catch it. When he looked back towards Derek, the werewolf was gone.

The front door opened and Ayla stepped out. Scott looked at her in surprise as she walked towards him. His anger quickly faded as she stepped off the porch.

"Can you please tell him this is unfair?" Scott asked her.

She shook her head, arms crossed over her chest. "Derek's right. It's about safety, Scott. Either you'll hurt someone or a hunter will put together what you are. Your social life comes second now," she told him.

"So you had to let everyone down when you turned?" he asked her.

Ayla narrowed her eyes at him. If this was her, she wouldn't even be going to school. When she had turned, her mom had been so worried about hunters and moving again that Ayla spent a week at home. "Scott, let's not try to make comparisons about our lives. The world may seem like it sucks for you right now, but it's been like this for me for three years. You get used to it," she told him, walking away.

Scott sighed, leaving the house.

|

To say Ayla was pissed was an understatement right now. She was currently being placed in the back of a cop car, while Derek was put in another. Scott was standing next to Stiles' jeep, watching. Both Hales glared at the teenager as they were placed in the cop cars.

Apparently, Scott had caught the scent of Laura's buried body and called the cops on Derek thinking the werewolf had killed her. Derek was the one actually being arrested for being in possession of the body. Ayla was being taken in for questioning, given that the two lived together.

A cop placed the teenager in the back of the car and then closed the door, leaving her alone inside the vehicle.

"Ayla?" She scoffed as she heard Scott say her name from where he was standing by himself. "Ayla, please," he said.