Ch. 8 Raving

THE PLAN
[2×08]

AYLA STEPPED INTO THE TRAIN CAR, GLANCING AROUND FOR THE TWO WEREWOLVES SHE WAS LOOKING FOR.

"You actually came?" Derek asked, drawing her attention to the back of the train car.

Ayla moved closer to her uncle, giving him a shrug. "I said I would, didn't I?" she asked.

Derek frowned, walking past her and out of the train car. Ayla sighed and followed. "So are we going to spend this whole evening in hostile silence?" she wondered.

Derek turned back around to face her. "Are you back?" he asked instead of answering.

Ayla glared at him. "Do not act like I am the one who started this. Derek, we have stuck together my entire life. And instead of trusting me with this new pack or with handling the kanima, you lied to me about all of it. So stop acting like I am the damn bad guy. You did this, not me," she snapped.

The two looked at each other for a moment. Derek's face didn't give away anything. "You still didn't answer the question," he told her.

"I'm here because I think Scott's right. None of us are going to stop Jackson by ourselves. We need each other. That doesn't mean we have to trust each other," she explained. She glanced around. "Where's Isaac?"

"Up here," the boy spoke up from the top of the train car.

Ayla looked up at him. "Why are you up there?" she wondered.

"To avoid you two if you threw Derek across the room," he admitted, jumping down.

Ayla sighed. "Let's go," she decided.

|

The three werewolves met Scott and Deaton at the animal clinic to talk about a plan. Scott unlocked the door for the three of them, letting them in. "What's he doing here?" he asked, nodding to Isaac.

"I need him," Derek told hom.

"I don't trust him," Scott said.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either," Isaac told him.

"You know what? Derek really doesn't care," the alpha told them.

Ayla managed a smile at the three of them. "Where's Deaton? I thought he was helping," she said, turning to Scott.

"That depends." They all turned to find Deaton leaning against the wall. "Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?" he asked.

"Kill him," Derek said.

"Save him," Scott said at the same time.

Ayla gave the vet a smile while the two werewolves glared at each other. "We plan to save him if we can manage to get these three idiots to stop arguing for five minutes," she told him. All glares- including one from Isaac- were turned towards the she-wolf.

Deaton nodded, his expression somewhere between amused and annoyed.

|

The five of them moved to the exam room and all four werewolves stood around the table as Deaton placed a tray of bottles on it. Isaac reached for one of them, only for both the Hales who stood on either side of him to grab his arm. "Watch what you touch," Derek told him as both of them released him.